Portal Gauteng Nursing intake Training 2023 | The portal for Gauteng Nursing intake Training 2023 is open, Applicants are invited to apply to the Gauteng College of Nursing to study towards the Diploma in Nursing in 2023 at one of the College campuses: • Ann Latsky Campus • Chris Hani Baragwanath Campus • SG Lourens Campus • Bonalesedi Campus. Read through.
Nursing is a science and two of the most important subjects are anatomy and physiology – that is the structure and functioning of the human body and how the parts work as well as what happens if the parts are diseased. These topics are covered in Biology,Maths and Life Sciences and students are able to understand nursing much better if they have the background. It has been found that students without these subjects struggle to understand much that is covered in nursing. Nurses are also required to do calculations.
- Duties Of A Village Health Worker
- List Of Food To Eat To Stay Healthy
- List of Food Recommended For A Woman During Pregnancy
- How to Reduce High Blood Pressure Naturally at Home
- Causes of Cancer and How to Overcome
- Senior Certificate: English HG D or SG C, Biology HG D or SG C and an M score of 15
- National Senior Certificate – English Level 4, Life Sciences Level 4 and an APS of 25
- Current Grade 12 learners must meet the National Senior certificate requirements in their Grade 11 marks.
- Senior Certificate: English HG D or SG C, Biology HG D or SG C, Mathematics HG D or SG C and an M score of 17
- National Senior Certificate: English Level 4, Life Sciences Level 4, Mathematics Level 4 or Maths Literacy Level 5, and an APS of 27 or more (Life Orientation counts half the score)
- National Vocational Certificate: 50% in Fundamental Subjects (English First Additional Language, Maths/Maths Literacy, Life Orientation) and 60% in the Vocational Subjects (SA Health Care System, Public Health, The Human Body and Mind and Community Oriented Primary Care)
- Current Grade 12 learners must meet the National Senior Certificate requirements in their Grade 11 final results.
- Must be a South African citizen, who resides in the Gauteng Province.
- You must be in possession of one of the following school leaving certificates – a Senior Certificate, a National Senior Certificate, currently in Grade 12 or National Vocational Certificate Primary Health
- Applications must be done on the GPG Professional Job Centre system before or on the 31st July 2022; NO late applications will be accepted
Competency And Attributes:
Problem-solving ability • Patience • Ability to relate to people • Organisational ability • Leadership ability • Flexibility • Calmness during a crisis • Communication, numeracy and life skills • Computer literacy • Study skills • Honesty • Compassionate and caring.
How to Apply:
Successful applicants will be required
- You are required to register a profile on the system before you can apply.
- To sign an agreement with the Department of Health
- To attend lectures
- Be prepared to participate in Work Integrated Learning (WIL) which includes shifts and working on public holidays, weekends and nights in Gauteng Department of Health hospitals and clinics as part of the program requirements
- Certified documents will be uploaded on the system, however you will be required to take supporting documents to the selection centre should you be shortlisted
- No hand delivered or emailed applications will be accepted, all applications must be done online.
- Ensure that you qualify and meet the minimum requirements before you apply
- If you do not receive feedback within 3 months after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Application Deadline: 31st July 2022