United Nation World Food Day Posted Contest 2023 | Food and agriculture organisation of the United Nations has open portal for children and youth between the ages of 5 and 19, living anywhere in the world, to apply World Food Day Posted Contest 2023, Join the World Food Day Poster Contest and show your creativity by designing a poster of your water action for food.
World Food Day Poster Contest, is one of the United Nation sustainable development goals, that empower children and youth living anywhere in the world, What comes to mind when you try to imagine a world where everyone has access to food and water? apply your actions can also contribute to a sustainable future
The two new activity books for youth, inspiring them to learn how to play an active role in building a sustainable world:
- Water is life
- water is food
explores the ways this precious natural resource is important for food and for all of nature. Global challenges such as a growing population, global warming and an increase in the production of goods and services threaten our water supply. If we wish to safeguard water reserves, we must begin with farming and the food system as a whole. This is an ideal learning exercise to prepare young minds for the Poster Contest.
To be successful in United Nation World Food Day Posted Contest 2023, embark on an inspiring adventure to a coastal fishing community in the book “Climate action. Maria’s story,” where children can discover practical ways to make a difference in our changing climate. This captivating story is designed to engage even young readers, aged 5 and above, with adult support recommended for enhanced reading comprehension.
- National Police Service Commission in Kenya are Recruiting 2023 Intake
- How to Apply South Africa NYDA Grant Programme 2023
- How to Apply for SMEDAN Entrepreneurship Grant 2023
- 15 posters in each category (60 posters) will be selected for the shortlist by the screening committee and notified in December 2023. Shortlisted candidates will receive a certificate for this achievement.
- Three winning poster designs will be selected as finalists by a jury in each category.
- The top three poster designs in all categories will be announced on the World Food Day website.
- Winners will be promoted on FAO social media and by FAO offices around the world.
- Winners will also receive a Certificate of Recognition and a surprise gift bag.
- In the event that any of the selected winner(s) of any prize is/are ineligible in accordance with these Contest rules and/or the General Rules, Copyright and Privacy, cannot be traced, or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited and it will be in the sole discretion of FAO to choose whether to award the prize to another eligible entry.
- When winning posters are published, only the first initial, full family name and country of origin will be published. No other personal information about the Contestants will be published or shared.
- The Contest is open to children and youth between the ages of 5 and 19, living anywhere in the world.
- The age to declare in the entry form is the one at the time of entering the Contest. Minors must have the permission of their parents or legal guardians to participate in the Contest.
How to Apply for United Nation World Food Day Posted Contest 2023
- Participation is free of charge.
- The entry period will begin at 12:00 (CEST) on 1 June 2023 and will close at 12:00 (CEST) on 3 November 2023.
- The competition is divided into the following categories: 5 to 8, 9 to 12, 13 to 15, and 16 to 19.
- Only one entry should be submitted per person. Multiple entries from one person will result in disqualification.
- Poster entries may be drawn, painted or sketched using pens, pencils, crayons or charcoal, or using oil, acrylic or watercolour paint, as well as mixed media. Digitally created artwork is also permitted. No photographs are allowed.
- Poster entries may or may not include text. If text is used,no more than 25 words or 100 characterscan be accepted. Do not include personal information, such as names, school names or age, etc.
- All artwork must be original and should not include logos or photographic images of the Contestant or other personal information.
- All participants are encouraged to read about the World Food Day theme in the World Food Day Activity Book. Younger children may want to learn together with a parent or teacher.
- Posters can only be submitted using the entry form provided. All fields in the Contest entry form must be completed and after uploading the poster design, the ENTER button must be clicked. Younger children may need help from an adult in making their online submission.
- Only digital files saved as a JPEG will be accepted and submissions must be made through the online form provided – please do not send in physical posters.
Application Deadline: 3 November 2023.