How to Apply for DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme 2023 | The Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) Entrepreneurship Training Programme 2023 are now open, This is open to all Nigerian MSMEs across any sector, who are interested in acquiring the right knowledge needed to succeed in doing business in Nigeria. read through.
The annual DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme (DBNETP) is the flagship programme of the Development Bank of Nigeria and is currently in its 5th Cycle. Capacity building is a core mandate of the Development Bank of Nigeria, and so far, the Bank has trained over 2000 MSMEs across Nigeria digitally and physically, leveraging partnerships and the DBN Learning Management System (LMS).
- All businesses will be eligible to pitch their business value proposition and 25 businesses will be selected to receive grant funding of N500,000 each
- To ensure MSMEs are well equipped with skills and competencies to defend sound and viable business proposals.
- To improve the Capacity of MSMEs to access available credit.
- To improve the capacity of MSMEs for efficient funds utilization, trade, investments and access to markets.
The programme takes a blended learning format approach of virtual and physical training.
- Virtual Training: The Virtual training is a self-paced comprehensive curriculum of the basic business principles broken down into 9 modules and will be implemented using the DBN learning management platform of the BizAid App.
- Onsite Training : This is a 5-day intense practical training and the curriculum is based on a needs assessment of the shortlisted businesses. A total of 350 businesses will be shortlisted for this to be trained in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
- Pitching Session: All businesses will be eligible to pitch their business value proposition and 25 businesses will be selected to receive grant funding of N500,000 each.
All applicants shortlisted for the onsite training must meet the below minimum eligibility criteria:
- Owner of business must be 18 years and above.
- Business owner must be a citizen or legal resident of Nigeria.
- The business must be based in Nigeria.
- The business must be for profit from any sector.
- Applicant must be available to commit to the training schedule once accepted.
How to Apply
- All applicants must register on the DBN BizAid application.
- All applicants must complete a minimum of 4 mandatory courses on the BizAid Learning management platform and obtain an average score of 70% from all quizzes. The courses that must be completed are:
- (a) Accounting & Bookkeeping,
- (b)Sustainability for MSMEs,
- (c) Marketing and Sales Techniques,
- (d) Credit Management/Access to Finance.
- All businesses who have completed the 4 courses by the stipulated deadline will receive an email with a link to apply for the face-to-face training.
- Upon submission of the application form, an email confirming receipt will be sent to the applicant within a 24-hour period.
- Applicants will be screened and shortlisted from the close of the application based on the eligibility criteria.
- Selection will be carried out using the defined selection criteria from the pool of shortlisted applications
- Communication with successful applicants shall be by email to the email address provided and a phone call to the phone number provided on the application form.
- Training will commence on announced dates consecutively in Abuja, Lagos and Port Harcourt.
- Registration and online training on the DBN Biz Aid 06-May
- Application process for face-to-face training 10-Jul 17-Jul
- Selection and announcement of shortlisted participants for the face to face training 24-Jul 25-Jul
- Face to Face training in Abuja 31-Jul 04-Aug
- Face to Face Training in Lagos 14-Aug 18-Aug
- Face to Face Training in Port Harcourt 25-Aug 01-Sep
- Bankability- Level of readiness to access credit.
- Feasibility and Sustainability of the business model.
- Scalability- Demonstrates potential for growth of business to create jobs.