How to apply TIES Entrepreneurship Empowerment for Graduates in Nigerian 2022 | The Tertiary Institutions Entrepreneurship Scheme (TIES) is an initiative targeted at empowering graduates of Nigerian Polytechnics and Universities with entrepreneurial skills for Entrepreneurship development, Economic development and Job creation. Read through
The Central Bank of Nigeria, as part of its effort to boost economic growth and reduce unemployment among graduates of Nigeria Polytechnics and Universities, introduced the Tertiary Institutions Entrepreneurship Scheme. The Scheme is designed to create a paradigm shift among undergraduates and graduates from the pursuit of white collar jobs to a culture of entrepreneurship geared towards job creation, economic growth and sustainable development.
The Central Bank of Nigeria(CBN) therefore developed the Tertiary Institutions Entrepreneurship Scheme (TIES), in partnership with the academia( Universities and Polytechnics) to unleash the potential of the Nigeria graduate entrepreneurs (gradpreneurs) by providing re-orientation, training and an innovative financing model that will enhance the entrepreneurial ecosystem with transformational impact on the economy.
- The broad objective of the Scheme is to enhance access to finance by undergraduates and graduates of polytechnics and universities in Nigeria with innovative entrepreneurial and technological ideas
- Provide an enabling environment for co-creation, mentorship and development of entrepreneurial and technological innovations for value creation in partnership with Nigerian polytechnics and universities for the purpose of economic development and job creation;
- Fast track ideation, creation and acceleration of a culture of innovation-driven entrepreneurship skills among graduates of polytechnics and universities in Nigeria;
- Promote gender balance in entrepreneurship development through capacity development and improved access to finance;
- Leapfrog entrepreneurial capacity of undergraduates and graduates for entrepreneurship and economic development in partnership with academia and industry practitioners; and
- Boost contribution of non-oil sector to the nation’s GDP.
- Tier 1 – Individual projects: Loan limit of N5Million for a tenor of 5 years
- Tier 2 – Partnership / Company projects (with maximum 5 individual partners) : Loan limit of N25 million for a tenor of 5 years
The top five (5) Nigerian polytechnics and universities with the best entrepreneurial pitches/ideas shall be awarded as follows:
|N75.0 million; and;
- Graduates of Nigerian Polytechnics and Universities shall be eligible to participate under the Term Loan Component
- First degree certificate (BSc/HND/ or its equivalent);
- National Youth Service Certificate (NYSC) discharge or exemption certificate
- Certificate of Participation issued by Polytechnics and Universities evidencing entrepreneurship training; and
- Not more than 7 years post-NYSC.
Applicants who engaged in the following business:
- Agribusiness – production, processing, storage and logistics;
- Information technology – application/software development, business process outsourcing, robotics, data management;
- Creative industry – entertainment, artwork, publishing, culinary/event management, fashion, photography, beauty/cosmetics;
- Science and technology – medical innovation, robotics, ticketing systems, traffic systems, renewable energy, waste management;
- Any other activity as may be determined by the CBN from time to time.
The collateral acceptable under TIES are:
- The applicant’s first-degree certificate
- NYSC discharge or exemption certificate
- Duly signed Global Standing Instruction (GIS) by the applicant
- Third party guarantee from senior civil or public servant, clergy of repute, lawyer, accountant, banker, medical doctor, etc.
- 1-3 will be registered on the National Collateral Registry (NCR)
- 1-4 shall be uploaded in the TIES portal
- All assets financed under the scheme will also be registered on the NCR
The Scheme shall be implemented through three (3) components:
- Term Loan Component is NOT a grant but a loan repayable over an agreed tenor for a specific purpose with clear terms and conditions.
- Equity Investment Component; shall be in the form of injection of fresh capital for start-ups, expansion of established businesses or reviving of ailing entrepreneurial businesses. The Component shall be implemented under the AGSMEIS Equity window
- Developmental Component: is in form of grants to Nigerian Polytechnics and Universities after participating and coming top in a National biennial (ie. once in 2 years) entrepreneurship competition. The competition is aimed at raising awareness and visibility of highimpact entrepreneurial/technological ideas among undergraduates, promote entrepreneurial talent hunts in Nigerian polytechnics and universities, as well as encourage innovations that are commercially viable and with transformational impact.
Interest rate for TIES:
- 5% from now to February 2023 ( and 9% from March 2023).
Documents needed to apply for TIES:
- First degree certificate (BSc/HND/or its equivalent);
- National Youth Service Certificate (NYSC) discharge or exemption certificate;
- Certificate of Participation issued by polytechnics and universities evidencing entrepreneurship training;
- Projected Statement of Income, Statement of Affairs, and cash flow projections for start-ups and businesses with less than 3 years of operations;
- Business plan outlining details, financials and economic benefits of the projects.
How to apply TIES Entrepreneurship Empowerment for Graduates in Nigerian 2022:
Interested applicants apply through https://cbnties.com.ng
NOTE: No payment is required for submission and processing of TIES loan application or any other CBN intervention.
- Trader Moni Registration 2022/Full Guideline
- Farmer Moni Registration 2022/Full Guideline
- National Home Grown School Feeding Program Application Form 2022/ Apply Now