Uniterm Nigeria Limited embark on recruitment of Chief Mechanic, Interested person should check the requirement, nature of job and eligibility on how to apply. Read more.
Job Title: Chief Mechanic
Role Summary: Reporting to the Offshore Installation Manager (OIM) / Rig Maintenance Supervisor (RMS), the Chief Mechanic has overall responsibility and is accountable for the maintenance and repair of all rig mechanical systems. The Chief Mechanic ensures preventative and corrective maintenance schedules are completed within agreed timescales and in accordance with Company requirements. Additionally, the Chief Mechanic is responsible to ensure all mechanical systems are within safety and regulatory body compliance standards, all equipment functions correctly throughout operations and ensures pre-planning and availability of parts and equipment so as to ensure reduced equipment downtime.
Safely and efficiently perform all duties assigned by the Offshore Installation Manager (OIM) / Rig Maintenance Supervisor (RMS) on the day-to-day management and long-range stewardship of the rig.
• Efficiently manage subordinates and ensure all operations are carried out in a safe and conscientious manner and responsible for correcting or notifying responsible persons of any unsafe acts and/or conditions which exist
• Actively participate in and contribute to pre-shift and Toolbox Talk meetings; Observation program, weekly or special operations safety meetings and ensure any concerns or issues are reported appropriately
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to Borr Drilling’s QHSE Management System; ensure compliance with Safe Systems of Work (SSOW), i.e. Risk Assessments etc.
• Demonstrate knowledge and utilization of Company’s Integrity Management System and ensure understanding and application of updates, changes and working instructions
• Perform and oversee all maintenance and repair activities of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment onboard the rig to ensure the execution of planned and unplanned maintenance is carried out in accordance with the Company’s Maintenance Management Plan
• Provide support and safety leadership and on-site supervision of all mechanical maintenance activities onboard the rig • Plan and execute the look ahead in accordance with future operations and any mechanical maintenance activities, and manage the mechanical maintenance crew to ensure work is carried out safely and within timeframes agreed
• Manage the stewardship and execution of the rig’s Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), maintenance and update rig documentation records to ensure all actions are carried out and completed in a timely manner and in accordance with Borr Drilling policies and procedures to minimize potential downtime for mechanical maintenance activities.
• Manage execution of updating unit’s Oil Record Book in line with IMO and Company Standards. • Monitor costs and correspond with OIM regarding overall costs and budgeting for mechanical systems
• Maintain adequate inventory levels for equipment under area of responsibility: order any stock in a timely and cost-effective manner
• Ensure all lock-out-tag-out procedures are followed, trapped energy released and all hazards and risks are identified prior to starting work on any mechanical equipment
• Overall responsibility for diagnostic tests and troubleshooting system faults and failures of mechanical equipment and systems onboard the rig
• Supervision of third party inspection activities, including ensuring all third-party equipment is allowable and compatible with the rig.
• Manage the execution of modifications through and in line with Company’s Management Of Change (MOC) Policies and Procedures, ensuring relevant on board records are kept updated.
• Be familiar with and carry out all emergency duties as per Station Bill, Emergency Response Plan and any other Company policies and procedures • Maintain housekeeping and appearance in general areas of the rig: specifically, but not limited to Engine & Auxiliary Engine Rooms, Control Rooms, HVAC Rooms, HPU rooms, Mechanical Work Shops and Storage areas
• Keep abreast of operational/technical bulletins pertaining to area of responsibility and ensure all requisite documentation is kept up to date
• Provide clear and comprehensive handover notes and ensure all subordinate disciplines are communicating handovers with their respective relief
• Responsible to ensure performance management and discipline and grievance process for subordinates is effectively implemented and conducted in accordance with Company policies and procedures
April 29, 2021, 12:00 am
All job applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
How To apply
interested applicants Click Here