Uniterm Nigeria Limited embark on recruitment of Crane Operator, Interested person should check the requirement, nature of job and eligibility on how to apply. Read more.
Job Title: Crane Operator
Role Summary: To work under the direction of the Barge Master (as applicable) to operate the rig cranes and coordinate all deck and cargo operations, including assisting with handling freight to/from helicopters and boats as directed. The Crane Operator is also involved in training and mentoring members of the Roustabouts and provides the direction and leadership required to keep materials moving in support of the drilling operation while ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with Borr Drilling policies and procedures.
• Safely and efficiently perform all duties assigned by the Barge Master or other supervisor
• Ensure all operations are carried out in a safe and conscientious manner and responsible for correcting or notifying responsible persons of any unsafe acts and/or conditions which exist • Actively participate in and contribute to pre-shift and Toolbox Talk meetings; Observation program, weekly or special operations safety meetings and ensure any concerns or issues are reported appropriately
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to Borr Drilling’s QHSE Management System; ensure compliance with Safe Systems of Work (SSOW), i.e. Risk Assessments etc.
• Demonstrate knowledge and utilization of Company’s Integrity Management System and ensure understanding and application of updates, changes and working instructions
• Monitor rigging and lifting practices of deck crew to ensure safety policies and procedures of Company are complied with at all times • Monitor compliance with cargo manifests and report any discrepancies to supervisor for investigation
• Know crane limitations and monitor load conditions of cargo transport to ensure all loads are within the design limits of the crane
• Ensure a proper lift plan is in place: ensure special care taken during personnel transfers, heavy and awkward lifts and lift operations in bad weather • Ensure full awareness of lift plan and look ahead: ensure any anomalies are identified and rectified prior to start to minimize risk
• Prior to shift, ensure all lifting related equipment is in good condition, safe to use and fit for purpose • Monitor the condition and certification status (i.e. color code) of all lifting equipment
• Ensure all damaged, non-certified and incorrectly coded lifting gear items are either destroyed or quarantined as applicable until next inspection schedule • Must know how to inspect all of the crane’s systems and equipment and associated rigging equipment • Complete daily and weekly crane reports in a timely fashion and notify supervisor of any issues
• Ensure compliance with local statutory and regulatory requirements with regard to all crane related equipment and operating parameters • Inspect, maintain and keep a complete and up-to-date inventory of all slings, chains, ropes, shackles and other hoisting equipment • Maintain records on all maintenance and work carried out on the cranes
• Maintain clear communication with crane, deck and boat personnel to ensure safe lift operations; ensure correct radio and/or hand signals are used by Banksman at all times
• Assist with mooring operations, jacking, pre-loading, skidding and any other operations as directed • Carry out HLO duties for unit as instructed
• Lead roustabouts during a fire drill and any other emergencies
• Maintain good housekeeping within area of responsibility at all times ensuring equipment and tools are used, maintained and stored correctly and safely in compliance with Company policies and procedures
• Ensure clear and comprehensive handovers are communicated to relief personnel
• Support, encourage and mentor crew members to ensure they have the skills and opportunity to build job specific competencies and complete training requirements • Ensure the job specific training matrix requirements and competency training for all subordinates is completed within required timeframes
• Personally achieve and maintain required standards for own training and competency requirements for job role • Perform other duties, complete additional tasks and support ad hoc projects as required Quality, Health, Safety and Environment • Familiarize with Borr Drilling QHSE procedure to understand the responsibilities assigned to your position and comply with the same
• Abide and promote Borr Drilling Life-Saving rules at all times
• You have the authority and responsibility to STOP any job that is unsafe
• Actively participate in Borr Drillings Behavior Based Safety (BBS Card) program.
• You have the responsibility to report any unplanned event to your supervisor immediately
• Ensure you understand your responsibilities during an emergency and participate in all emergency drills
• You have the responsibility to keep your work area safe at all times Experience
• Previous experience of offshore drilling operation • Previous experience working in the capacity as a Crane Operator
April 29, 2021, 12:00 am
All job applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
How To apply
interested applicants Click Here