UNEP Career Jobs | If you are seeking growth or a career internship programme that can boost your standard of living, apply a positions of Communication and Outreach Assistant in the department of United Nations Environment, The requirement and how to apply read through.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment
The internship is for a minimum of three (3) months, with the possibility of extension up to a maximum of six (6) months, depending on the needs of the Unit.
Related: Tony Elumelu Empowerment Apply now
Interns work five days per week (35-40 hours), under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned. The Internship is UNPAID and full-time.
|Posting Title:||INTERN – Communication and Outreach Assistant (2 positions), I (Temporary Job Opening)|
|Job Code Title:||INTERN – ENVIRONMENT AFFAIRS|
|Department/Office:||United Nations Environment Programme|
|Posting Period:||02 January 2021 – 18 January 2021|
|Job Opening Number:||20-Environmental Affairs-UNEP-147243-J-Nairobi (O)|
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individuals’ background as well as the internship period and will support the Terrestrial Ecosystems Unit in outreach and awareness-raising for the Global Peatlands Initiative. Under the direct supervision of the responsible Programme Officer, it is expected that his/her responsibilities will fall within one or several of the following broad activities:
• Draft content for, and update the GPI and UNEP-peatlands tab, website(s), online dgroups platform, GPI community of practice and other social media outreach channels;
• Draft news articles or blogs on subjects relevant to peatlands restoration, conservation and sustainable management, such as ecosystem services, trans-boundary collaboration, conservation and carbon finance, biodiversity and climate change;
• Assist in the preparation of materials for GPI events, workshops or South-South exchanges;
• Assist in the development of awareness raising, outreach, or other advocacy materials including speech-writing, presentations, and/or videos;
- Have graduated with a university degree.
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher) focused on environmental sciences, environmental policy, biodiversity and conservation, development studies or related field, (environmental) economics, finance, business management or natural resource management;
• Applicant must be a computer literate in standard software applications;
• Must Possess good report writing skills;
• Demonstrate pleasant interpersonal skills;
• Demonstrate interest in issues related to ecosystems management, restoration, biodiversity conservation, climate change, or sustainable development and knowledge;
How to Apply
Interested Applicant visit United Career Jobs
Share this information with your friends. Also feel free to ask any questions pertaining to this Page Don’t forget to like us and join our Facebook Group for the daily update