United Nation OCHA Job| To be eligible for the position of humanitarian Affairs Officer in department Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs the United Nation OCHA invite experience personnel to apply the vacant position, The requirement and how to apply Read through.
This job opening is being advertised for the position of Humanitarian Affairs Officer (HAO) located in Mopti, Mali. The HAO reports to the Head of Office, OCHA Mali
This position is located in the Operations and Advocacy Division, Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), which is the part of the United Nations Secretariat responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to emergencies.
|Posting Title:||Humanitarian Affairs Officer, P4|
|Job Code Title:||HUMANITARIAN AFFAIRS OFFICER|
|Department/Office:||Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs|
|Posting Period:||28 December 2020 – 26 January 2021|
|Job Opening Number:||20-Humanitarian Affairs-OCHA-147430-R-Mopti (X)|
• Manages day-to-day activities of the team under responsibilities in the field duty station, providing oversight for all substantive/programmatic, logistic, administrative and security issues;
• Monitors, analyzes and reports on humanitarian response and developments, disaster relief/management programmes or emergency situations in the country.
• Leads and/or participates in large, complex projects, to include disaster assessment or other missions; coordinates international humanitarian/emergency assistance for complex emergency/disaster situations; ensures necessary support (e.g. staff, funding, specialized equipment, supplies, etc.); prepares situation reports to the international community, apprising of situation to date and specifying gaps and unmet requirements.
• Assists in the production of appeals for international assistance; ensures the proper use and spending of donor contributions channeled through OCHA.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in political science, social science, public administration, international studies, economics, engineering, earth sciences or a related field.
- A first-level university degree in combination with an additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in humanitarian affairs, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, rehabilitation, development, or other related area is required.
Three (3) years of experience in humanitarian affairs or related area at the international level is required.
Humanitarian experience in the field (actual setting where a mission and/or project is being implemented) in emergency situations (complex emergency or natural disaster) is required.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in both French and English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
How to Apply:
Interested Applicant visit United Career Jobs
Share this information with your friends. Also feel free to ask any questions pertaining to this Page Don’t forget to like us and join our Facebook Group for the daily update