U.S TechGirls 2022 | TechGirls application portal is open, How to apply for TechGirls, TechGirls is an international summer exchange program designed to empower and inspire young women from around the world to pursue careers in science and technology. Read through.
Since 2012, TechGirls has trained and mentored 343 teenage girls (ages 15-17) from Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, Tunisia, and Yemen. In 2019, the program expanded to include young women from Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan).
TechGirls participants are selected based on the eligibility requirements below. Independent selection committees composed of industry leaders and regional experts review applications. United States Embassy personnel in your country of permanent residence interview semifinalists.
- Commonwealth Foundation Grants
- TIES Graduate Grant (Up To N5 Million
- Global Bridging Fund for Young Entrepreneurs
- International Monetary Fund Youth Fellowship Program 2022/How To Apply
2022 Eligibility Requirements
Students eligible to apply are those who are from one of the following eligible countries:
1) Sub-Saharan Africa (AF) – Cameroon, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, and South Africa
2) East Asia and Pacific (EAP) – Cambodia, Fiji, Indonesia, Mongolia, Taiwan, and Vietnam
3) Middle East and North Africa (NEA) – Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, and Tunisia
4) South and Central Asia (SCA) – Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan
5) Western Hemisphere (WHA) – Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Costa Rica, Honduras, and Suriname
6) Europe and Eurasia (EUR) – Albania, Cyprus, Greece, Kosovo, Montenegro, and Turkey
7) United States of America
Other Requirements are:
a) Are between the ages of 15 and 17 at the start of the exchange July 7th, 2022.
b) Have demonstrated advanced skills and a serious interest in technology, engineering, and/or math in their academic studies
c) Intend to pursue higher education and/or careers in technology
d) Have strong English language skills
c) Exhibit maturity, flexibility, and openmindedness
d) Will attend at least one additional semester of secondary school upon their return to their home country; and
e) Are committed to completing a community-based project upon their return home.
Preference will be given to those who have limited or no prior experience in the United States. You are not eligible if you have travelled to the United States in the last three years as part of any other ECA exchange program.
How to apply
Interested Applicants should visit https://techgirlsglobal.org/apply/eligibility-and-application-2