How To Apply For Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Empowerment 2023 | If you are a Nigeria Youth and you are looking for empowerment, This is an opportunity for you. The program is designed to take the skill acquisition programmes to the rural youth population with the objectives to create income-earning opportunities, stem youth restiveness, discourage rural-urban drift and grow the local economy. Read through.
The Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Programme RYSA is organised by the Centre for Rural Youth Entrepreneurship and Environmental Development with support from the Federal Government with UNCDF,UNIDO and EU as funding partners.
The target youths demography are Nigerians youths who are of native origins from a rural community and are also in need of business start-ups and fundamental business skills.
1. Monthly Stipend
Beneficiaries of the program will receive the minimum monthly stipend of N50,000 in the course of their 6(six) months training with RYSA
The Startup-packs for RYSA Nigeria program are;
- Work Tools
- Seed Grants
The Work Tools are equipments that will be given to beneficiaries at the end of the training, which will be used to start up their own enterprise. While the Seed Grant supports their ventures as new employers of manpower.
The RYSA programme has two training components as follows:
- The Practical / Hands-on training: This entails training of beneficiaries of the programme to acquire further practical skills required for them to succeed in their chosen enterprises. This training will be carved out by Master Trainers designated across different communities Nationwide.
- The Community Business School (CBS) training: The CBS Is a mandatory programme for all RYSA beneficiaries to be undertaken once a week for twelve weeks in the course of the practical/hands-on training programmes. The programme is meant to equip beneficiaries with life and business skills that are critical to success In life and business.
Community Business School (CBS) Course Outline:
- Introduction to Business
- Customer Relations
- Book Keeping
- Community Service and Volunteerism
- Business Networking
- Business Modelling
List of Skill-Sets/Enterprises/Ventures :
The duration of each programme below is 6 Month and interested candidate are advice to choose only one Skill.
- Aluminum Profiling
- Catering and Confectioneries
- Electrical Installations and Repairs
- Fashion and Designs
- Hair Dressing
- POP, Screed Making and Painting
- Welding and Fabrication
- Woodwork and Furniture
- Solar Works
- Auto Mechanic
The criteria that must be met by applicants for selection are:
The target youths demography under this programme are semi-literate and non-literate youths, who have acquired skill training, needs start-up and fundamental business skills.
- Must be between eighteen (18) to thirty-five (35) years of age.
- Must hail from a rural community across the 36 states in Nigeria.
- Must have First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC) or higher.
- Must have basic knowledge on any of the listed enterprises/ventures , and have shown interests in RYSA program.
- Be willing to learn new skills in the chosen area, which will help grow his/her personal venture after the training course.
1. Passport Photograph: must be with white background and must be in jpg or png format only.
2. Local Government Certificate of Origin: must be in jpg, png or pdf format only.
3. Birth Certificate or Sworn Afidavit of Age Declaration: must be in jpg, png or pdf format only.
4. Means of Identification: This should be either of the following; NIN , Voters ID , Drivers License , International Passports. These also must be in jpg, png or pdf format only.
NOTE: Do not upload documents that are larger than 500kbs, it will not be processed.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should Complete and submit the online application form Visit RYSA programme
If you do not receive the verification email,kindly wait for 10-15minutes then login with your registered email address and password.
- Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc Innovation Competition 2022 (Prize N5 Million)
- 2022 Federal Government Education Bursary For Undergraduate Students In Nigeria
- Oil And Gas Youth Empowerment Up To N50,000 Grant Monthly