Portal for Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship 2023| The Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship portal are now open for Egyptians to study in the U.S. The Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship Program is a fully funded, full time program for students seeking to earn a Master’s Degree in Development Practice (MDP) from the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota, USA. Read through.
Newton is Egypt’s and the MENA region’s premier educational consultancy and education services provider offering services to universities, funding organizations, government agencies, and individuals.
Newton currently offers five services: student advising, scholarship management services, test preparation courses, university recruitment services and consultancy services. Newton Education Services was founded in 2013 by a team of Harvard, American University in Cairo, and Thunderbird graduates with significant years of experience in international education.
The Master of Development Practice is a two-year degree providing graduate level students with the skills and knowledge required to better identify and address the global challenges of sustainable development, such as poverty, population, health, conservation, climate change, and human rights.
- Steps To Study, Work and Live Abroad
- Portal Google for Startups Accelerator 2022 (U.S. & Canada Women Founders)
- Portal for Getty Pre- and Postdoctoral Fellowships 2022 (Up to $30,000)
- The scholarship will cover full tuition, living expenses, travel and health insurance.
- Open to an Egyptian national residing in Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality holders).
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a well reputed academic institution in a related field of study.
- Demonstrate a minimum of two years of work experience in the field of development.
- Satisfy the entry requirements into the academic MDP program.
- Demonstrate excellent professional and academic track record.
- The scholarships are awarded based on financial need as well as merit and character demonstrated through academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and social behavior.
- While no specific academic track is required, students with a strong liberal arts education background and sound quantitative and analytical skills will be best prepared for academic success at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs.
- Previous coursework in mathematics, statistics, and economics is recommended.
- English language proficiency is required. Valid TOEFL or IELTS, exam date should be within two years of graduate program start. Minimum required scores: 100 ( TOEFL internet – based, minimum 22 on each section), or 7 (IELTS, minimum 7 on each section)
- Completion of a 50-credit academic master’s program in two academic years
- Completion of an 8-10 week mid-program summer field experience
- Employment in the development sector in Egypt following graduation for no less than two consecutive years
How To Apply
The following are required dcuments:
- Completed application form including the personal statement
- Copy of valid passport ID page
- Updated resume
- All undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts
- TOEFL/IELTS score
- Two letters of recommendation
- One personal photo
- HR letter from current employer including salary/salary slip or a bank statement in case of unemployment.
Application Deadline: October 13, 2022
Leave a Reply