Maya Angelou Book Award 2022| Each year, one writer will win $10,000, conduct a reading tour of Missouri colleges, universities and libraries, and be recognized in a ceremony sponsored by the Kansas City Public Library, the University of Missouri and the University of Missouri-Kansas City. Read Through.
The Maya Angelou Book Award was founded in 2020 to honor the legacy of Missouri-born author Maya Angelou. The award recognizes contemporary authors whose work demonstrates a commitment to social justice in America or the world. The Maya Angelou Book Award recognizes works of poetry or fiction in alternating years.
In 2022, the Maya Angelou Book Award will be given to a work of fiction. Poetry submissions are not eligible for the 2022 award.
- Africa Agri-Food Development Programme 2022/Apply Now
- NDE Vocatonal Skills Development Programme 2022
- Apply for Permaculture Design, poultry, and vegetable production Training 2022
- Franklin Institute Bower Award And Prize For Achievement In Science 2023 (Get Up To $250,000 + 14-Karat Gold Medal) Apply Now
- 776 Foundation Fellowship Grant 2022 (Get Up To $100,000) How To Apply
- Gloria Barron Prize for Young Heroes 2022 ($10,000 Award) How To Apply
- Each year, one writer will win $10,000, conduct a reading tour of Missouri colleges, universities and libraries, and be recognized in a ceremony sponsored by the Kansas City Public Library, the University of Missouri and the University of Missouri-Kansas City.
- Entries must come from publishers. Authors may not submit their works independently.
- Works with a publication date in 2021 or a scheduled publication date through November 2022 are eligible.
- Entrants must be U.S. citizens and reside within the United States.
- Entrants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Entrants must be available for a two-week reading tour at partnering educational institutions in Missouri. The award winner and the tour scheduler will confirm the tour schedule, and the tour can be conducted virtually or in person as circumstances permit.
- Entrants must not be employees of a Missouri college or university that co-sponsors this award, or an employee of the Kansas City Public Library.
How To Apply
Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. CDT on April 1, 2022. Note that entries are not considered complete until an electronic manuscript or five print copies have been received by the committee.
For more details, visit Maya Angelou Book Award.