ICAN Exam Registration 2023| If you want to register the Exam of the Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria or to becoming a legal member. this article is for you. The process and the nature of registering ICAN Examination or membership here are the full details. Read through.
To become a Chartered Accountants of Nigeria you must sit and past the ICAN Examination set by the Professional accountancy body in Nigeria.
- ICAN, 15th Western Zonal Accountans’ Conference 2023
- NCA Admission Form 2023
- ANAN (Nominations for 2023 Fellowship Awards) Full Details
Functions for ICAN in Nigeria:
- To generate world-class chartered accountants, regulate and continually improve in the public interest their ethical standards and technical competence.”
- It is one of the two professional accountancy associations with the Nigerian regulatory authority, the other being the National Accountants Association of Nigeria.
- Candidates must be a holder of Bachelor Degree (B.Sc), Higher National Diploma (HND) of any Social Science course or related in a recognize institution.
- Must have obtain O’Level Result with atleast Five (5) credit Pass and not more than two sitting
Register as a ICAN Professional Student
- Pay a professional examination registration fee is ₦7000 (bank charges not included) by paying directly at any commercial bank in Nigeria, WEB-PAY or QUICK-TELLER on the ICAN website.
- After payment, use the transaction reference and receipt number to complete your form online on the ICAN website. Applicants can continue their registration by clicking on the link: http://icanig.org/RPlogin.php
- Get a colored passport photograph of yourself. Scan it and add it to the registration form. Then click on submit after completing the form.
- Print out the completed form and sign it.
- Find a chartered accountant sponsor/referee to endorse & certify your application form and credentials on completion. Also, provide their name, membership number, and contact number.
- Your application will not be complete without a copy of your WASC certificate, the PIN voucher, two certified passport photographs, three empty envelopes with your address and N50 stamp on each of them, a copy of your birth certificate and the original of the bank teller.
Register as a (ATSWA) The Accounting Technicians Scheme West Africa
- provide a recognised qualification for the accounting and auditing staff employed in the public sector, industry, commerce and in various offices or practicing accountants
- help meet the need for middle level accounting personnel in the economy especially for the accounting and finance departments of various government agencies and corporations.
Note: AAT Certificate is awarded upon successfully completing the Accounting Technicians Scheme of West Africa (ATSWA) Examinations.
The duration for the completion of the 3 level examination is a minimum of 15 months for those with ordinary level certificate and 6to12 months for those with higher certificate but not a degree certificate. The examination takes place twice a year i.e. March and September.
- Five (5) credit passes in any subject including English Language and Mathematics in the West Africa School Certificate Examination, General Certificate of Education or Senior School Certificate of Education, NECO equivalent not more than two sittings or NABTEB.
- Ordinary National Diploma of any Polytechnic recognised by the Council of the Institute
- National Certificate in Education (NCE) from any College of Education.
How to register ATSWA :
ATSWA registration fee is ₦6000 (bank charges not included) payable using any of the following methods of payment;
2. Use the transaction reference and receipt number to generate your PIN and SERIAL NUMBER here.
3. Click to submit on completion of the form.
4. Print out the completed form and sign it.
5. Attach the below documents and submit the hard copies to any of our offices;
- Original copy of the pay direct receipt/transaction reference
- Certified photocopies of your credentials any (NECO,WASCE, NABTEB, OND, NCE)
YOU WILL REQUIRE A CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT OR ASSOCIATE ACCOUNTING TECHNICIANS (AAT) TO ENDORSE YOUR APPLICATION FORM & CREDENTIALS ON COMPLETION.
Register as a ICAN member:
- Visit any commercial bank in Nigeria and pay the Induction fee of N90,000.
- Get a receipt for your payment and go to the ICAN website through the link: http://www.icanonline-ngr.com/paydirect to start the registration.
- Fill in your deposit slip and receipt numbers in the required fields to generate PIN and serial number.
- On the registration page, type in your Student Registration Number, serial number and the PIN.
- Fill in the form and upload a good quality passport-format photo of yourself. Submit your application.
- On completion, print out the form and get your referees to sign it.
- Attach the documents you can find at this link.
- Submit the finished form and the evidence of payment to ICAN, Plot 16, Idowu Taylor Street, Victoria Island, Lagos or any ICAN office close to you.
Share this information with your friends. Also feel free to ask any questions pertaining to this Page Don’t forget to like us on Facebook