Portal for Open Futures Scholarship 2022| The Open Futures Scholarship 2023 portal are open, The Open Futures Scholarship for Black Students, launching for the first time in academic year 2023/24, will provide the opportunity for new, UK-resident students who identify as Black to study for free. Read how to apply.
50 scholarships will be available in 2023/24. A scholarship covers OU undergraduate credit-bearing modules and qualifications, paying for the full tuition cost of your qualification, up to 120 credits each seasonal academic year and 360 credits in total.
Successful recipients of a scholarship will also be entitled to receive a one-off, £500 study costs grant to support with the cost of preparing for study with the OU, such as buying a laptop, study materials or arranging internet access.
- Portal for FMO Sustainable Tech Open Innovation Challenge 2023 (Fully Funded)
- Portal for Royal Society University Research Fellowship 2023 (Up to £90,000)
- Portal for Comfama Youth with Purpose Scholarship 2023 (Manchester, UK)
To be eligible, you’ll need to meet all the following criteria:
- Identify as being from a Black background; applicants must have one of the following ethnicities:
- Black African
- Black Caribbean
- Black Other
- Mixed – White and Black Caribbean
- Mixed – White and Black African
- Other mixed background (to include Black African, Black Caribbean or Black Other)
- Have a personal annual income of not more than £25,000 or be in receipt of a qualifying benefit
- Be ordinarily resident in the UK and eligible for a UK fee
- Hold no existing higher education qualification
- Be a new student to The Open University in academic year 2022/23
- Be intending to study towards an undergraduate OU qualification or module commencing in the 2022/23 academic year
- Be studying at a minimum intensity of 25% (30 credits) per academic year
How to Apply Open Futures Scholarship 2023
Once completed, email your application and supporting evidence to the Student Fees team. You’ll find their contact details on the first page of the application form.
Applications close at midnight on July 22, 2023. If you’re successful, they will email you by August 5, 2022 to confirm. They will also then be in contact soon afterwards to make sure you’re ready to study and to help you choose your course, so don’t worry if you’re not yet sure what you’d like to study.
Application Deadline: July 22, 2023