DAAD Postgraduate Scholarships 2023 | Are you a first university degree in the areas of Architecture, Interior Design, Monument Conservation and Building in Existing Contexts/Reconditioning of Old Buildings, Urban Planning/Urban Development, Landscape Architecture and Landscape Planning. If yes, apply DAAD Postgraduate Scholarships 2023
The DAAD Postgraduate Scholarships 2023, open opportunity to fresh graduate to continue their education in Germany with a postgraduate or continuing course of study in the field of architecture. The scholarships also promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues.
In this study programme, you can complete
- a Master’s degree/postgraduate degree leading to a final qualification
- a complementary course that does not lead to a final qualification (not an undergraduate course) at a state or state-recognised German university of your choice.
- A monthly payment of 934 euros
- Travel allowance
- One-off study allowance
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family. Please also read our important information for scholarship applicants / section F, point 3.
- In the case of a disability or chronic illness: subsidy for additional costs which result from the disability or chronic illness and are not covered by other funding providers: Further information.
- Green Mobility Top Up (Support for climate-friendly travel) or partial reimbursement of carbon offset payments for air travel
To allow you to improve your language skills in preparation for your stay in Germany, the DAAD offers the following benefits:
- Payment of course fees for an online language course after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter
- if necessary: German language course (2, 4 or 6 months) before the start of the study visit in Germany; the DAAD decides whether to fund participation and for how long depending on German language skills and project. Participation in a German language course is compulsory if the language of instruction or working language is German at the German host institution.
- Allowance for a personally chosen German language course during the scholarship period
- Reimbursement of the fee for a TestDaF or DSH test, which you can take either in your home country after you have received your Scholarship Award Letter or in Germany during your funding period.
- A first university degree graduate
- You can apply if you have gained a first university degree in the areas of Architecture, Interior Design, Monument Conservation and Building in Existing Contexts/Reconditioning of Old Buildings, Urban Planning/Urban Development, Landscape Architecture, Landscape Planning at the latest by the time they commence their scholarship-supported study programme.
How to Apply DAAD Postgraduate Scholarships 2023
If you are enrolled in a Master or postgraduate degree programme which includes a study period abroad, funding for this period abroad is usually only possible under the following conditions:
- The study visit is essential for achievement of the scholarship objective,
- the visit does not take place in the home country, and
- it is no longer than a quarter of the scholarship period. Longer periods cannot be funded, even partially.