Link to apply for DAAD Master scholarships 2023/2024 | The DAAD has launched a special programme for Sub-Saharan African students whose studies are interrupted due to the war against Ukraine to continue/complete their studies in their home country or region, Read Through.
The Scholarship programme for Master students from Sub-Saharan Africa fleeing the war against Ukraine is a subprogramme of the. It is funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development and managed by the German Academic Exchange Service.
- Scholarship Host Country: Germany
- Sponsored By: Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation & Development.
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Course Level: Master’s, PhD
- Eligibility: International students.
- Deadline: Varies
- The goal of the programme is to provide Master scholarships to students who are nationals of a Sub-Saharan African country and whose Master studies are interrupted because of the war in Ukraine.
- Scholarship holders are given the opportunity to continue their academic career at a higher education institution in their home country or within their home region (in Sub-Saharan-Africa).
- DAAD Scholarship Monthly Stipend
- 850 euros will be provided for a master studies
- 1,200 euros will be provided for doctoral studies
- Health, accident, and personal liability insurance payments will be provided.
- Travel Allowance.
- Free tuition fee
- NNPC / NAOC / OANDO JV Tertiary Undergraduate Scholarship 2022/How To Apply
- Australia Awards Scholarships 2023/2024 (Fully Funded) How To Apply
- Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship 2023/How to Apply
- Scholastica Scholarship and Bursaries 2023 /How To Apply
- Croatian Government Scholarships 2023 (Undergraduates & Graduates/How To Apply
- MTN Ghana Foundation Bright Scholarship 2023
The Scholarship Programme supports full-time higher education Master’s studies leading to a degree. Students may
- continue their Master studies in the original study field started in Ukraine, or
- if the original study field is not available, then in the Master programme that is the closest match for the original, or
- continue their studies in another Master’s programme of which they fulfil the admission requirements based on previous, recognised studies.
- Economic Sciences/Business Administration/Political Economics
- Development Cooperation
- Engineering and Related Sciences
- Regional and Urban Planning
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Natural and Environmental Sciences
- Medicine/Public Health
- Social Sciences, Education and Law
- Media Studies
DAAD Master scholarships 2023/2024Requirements:
- Applicants From all Developing Countries are encouraged to apply. (Check Eligible Countries List).
- A candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree (usually a four-year course) in a related subject.
- A candidate’s academic degree should normally not be more than six years old.
- A candidate should have at least two years of professional experience.
• DAAD application form duly filled in (available in the DAAD-Portal)
• Curriculum vitae
• Letter of admission for the host university in Sub-Saharan Africa (This can be subsequently submitted before the scholarship begins if it is not available at the time of application. If so, a provisional letter of admission or any communication with the host institution that proves the start of the admission process should be submitted.)
• Bachelor’s degree certificate including the final grade
• Transcripts for all semesters of the Bachelor’s degree programme (if possible)
• Motivation letter (DAAD form) (explaining:
a) previous academic career (including a listing of universities and study programmes attended);
b) the programme choice and how it is matching with the Master programme in Ukraine;
c) motivation for the application.
• Proof of student status at a recognised higher education institution in Ukraine on 24 February 2022. (If the applicant has a Certificate of Student Status, this document should be uploaded. If the applicant does not have a Certificate of Student Status, any documents can be submitted that provide credible evidence of student status in Ukraine on 24 February 2022, such as the official documents or emails received from the Ukrainian university, in some cases the copy of the Ukrainian student card etc.)
• Copy of the passport
• Copy of the last visa certificate for the study stay in Ukraine
• If a Master’s programme is chosen that is not offered at a DAAD partner university under the In-Country/In-Region scholarship programme, the following documents should be submitted if possible: Accreditation certificate of the programme and/or course plan for the whole programme and/or semester plan etc.
The application deadline to apply for the DAAD Scholarship 2023-24 in Germany vary from one university to another.