Portal For DBN Entrepreneurship Training Programme 2023 | The Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) has open portal for Nigeria youth Entrepreneurship Training Programme 2023, Capacity building is a core mandate of the Development Bank of Nigeria, and they are committed to building the Capacity of the Nigerian MSMEs to enable them formalize, grow and become more bankable to get easy access to available credit. How to apply read through.
The Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) was conceived by the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) in collaboration with global development partners to address the major financing challenges facing Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (MSMEs) in Nigeria.
The Funding Agencies are:
- World Bank (WB)
- African Development Bank (AfDB)
- KfW Development Bank
- French Agency for Development (AFD)
- European Investment Bank (EIB)
objective is to alleviate financing constraints faced by MSMEs and small Corporates in Nigeria through the provision of financing and partial credit guarantees to eligible financial intermediaries on a market-conforming and fully financially sustainable basis.
- DBN will be selecting the best 200 businesses to attend a face-to-face training in Lagos and Abuja
- This physical session would be an opportunity for businesses to practically apply important principles to their various businesses, discuss and receive business support in specific areas of need.
- All businesses will be eligible to pitch their business value proposition and 14 businesses will be selected to receive grant funding.
- DBN Learning Management System (LMS)- a free learning portal with carefully curated self-paced courses.
- USADF Accelerate Africa Entrepreneurship Challenge 2023 (Grant US$50,000)
- Portal Grand Africa Initiative Empowerment For Young African 2023
- Lagos State Youth Empowerment 2023 (Up To N5 Million)
- Akwa Ibom 3000 Youth Empowerment 2nd Phase (Ibom Market Place) 2023
- Owner of business must be 18 years and above
- Business owner must be a citizen or legal resident of Nigeria
- The business must be based in Nigeria
- The business must be for profit from any sector
- Applicant must be available to commit to the training schedule once accepted
- Bankability- Level of readiness to access credit
- Feasibility and Sustainability of the business model
- Scalability- Demonstrates potential for growth of business to create jobs
How To Apply:
1. All applications must be submitted online through the application portal.
2. Interested businesses must register on the DBN BizAid application and must complete a minimum of 4 mandatory courses on the BizAid Learning management platform and obtain an average score of 70%. The courses that must be completed are:
a. Accounting & Bookkeeping,
b. Sustainability for MSMEs,
c. Marketing and Sales Techniques,
d. Credit Management/Access to Finance.
3. All businesses who have completed the 4 courses by September 23rd will receive an email with a link to apply for the face-to-face training.
4. Upon submission of the application form, an email confirming receipt will be sent to the applicant within a 24-hour period
5. Applicants will be screened and shortlisted from the close of the application based on the eligibility criteria.
6. Selection will be carried out using the defined selection criteria from the pool of shortlisted applications.
7. Communication with successful applicants shall be by email to the email address provided and a phone call to the phone number provided on the application form.
Leave a Reply