Portal Grand Africa Initiative Empowerment For young African 2023 | Grand Africa Initiative (GAIN ) is a Pan-African Non-governmental organization helping African young men and women to develop and harness their unique ideas, talents and abilities for success in education, entrepreneurship, innovation and employment. We train, mentor and empower African youth with digital, leadership, employability and entrepreneurial skills for self-sustenance and professional growth. Read Through.
GAIN was established to tackle some of the key challenges facing the youth and consequently slowing down the speed of sustainable development as we witness in Africa today. These challenges as shown in various development reports by the World Bank, African Development Bank, UNDP, ILO, etc. include:
- High youth unemployment rate.
- High poverty rate in Africa.
- Dearth of entrepreneurial, employability and digital skills required in 21st century world.
- Rising illegal migration crises among the youth in search of greener pastures.
- Rise in crime rate among the youth.
- Insecurity of lives and property.
- High rate of hopelessness and frustration among the youth due to lack of economic power
- Poor value system imbibed by many youths.
- Poor academic performance among many students.
This program is designed to equip 200 young women entrepreneurs who would be selected from across Nigeria with entrepreneurial knowledge and skills to build and scale their businesses, become employers of labour and become economically empowered. The program includes training and mentorship in areas critical to the success of MSMEs including ideation, legal, branding, marketing, communication, accounting, modeling, staffing, structure, processes, business confidence etc.
- Portal for UNESCO-Al Fozan International Prize for the Promotion of Young Scientists in STEM 2023
- Portal For YOTA Youth Innovation Challenge 2023 (up to $5,000)
- Portal for Snapchat 523 Program 2023 (Up to $10, 000)
- Training by a faculty of experts
- Access to mentors
- Access to a Unique Community of like minds
- Certificate of Participation
- Information on how to position your business for financing facility
- Open to female entrepreneurs across Nigeria;
- Have a business or a business idea;
- Be between 22 to 45 years of age;
- Have a demonstrable interest in business, access to the internet, internet-enabled device, and electricity.
If you are a Nigerian female, have a business idea or already started your business, go ahead and apply.
Leave a Reply