Civil Services Terms | This article contain various term use in civil Service commission to control, direct and also to provide assistance and guidelines to officers /personnel for effective service delivery in the civil service commission. Read full details below
Word and Meaning
- TRANSFER: This is the permanent release of an officer from one scheduled service to another or from one class to another within the same service.
- SECONDMENT: This s a temporary release of an officer to the service of another government of agency for a specified period not more than three years.
- PROBATIONARY PERIOD: This is the period during which an officer appointed to a pensionable post s tried n terms of his character, conduct, ability and competence on the job; in order to decide whether the officer s ft to be accepted n the position and so retained in the service or be shown the way out.
- CONTRACT APPOINTMENT; It is a temporary appointment to a post for a specific period.
- POSTING: This is the redeployment of an officer from one section of a ministry to another where his presence s considered to be most useful.
- PERSONNEL MATTERS’; Refer to issued affecting appointment promotion retirement working condition etc.
- RECRUITMENT; It means the filling of vacancies by the appointment or persons not already n the civil service of the Federal Republic of Nigeria..
- GENERAL INEFFICIENCY: This consists of a series of acts omission or incompetence of which the cumulative effect shows that the officer s not capable of discharging efficiently the duties of the officer he hold.
- MISCONDUCT; It consists of specific acts of serous wrong dong or improper behavior which can be investigated and proved.
- Current Location of NYSC Orientation Camp and Office in Nigeria
- List of FG Grant Programme 2020/2021
Ten (10) Disciplinary measure/actions that can taken against an officer found guilty of General inefficiency or misconduct
- Reduction in Rank (Demotion)
- Reduction in Salary
- Non-payment of salary
- Written Warning
- Civil Service Promotion Exam Guide
- FINANCIAL EMBARRASSMENT; This is the state of an officer’s in debtness, which is causing him serous financial hardship. An officer s sad to be having financial hardship when his total debts s more than threes his emoluments.
Share this information with your friends. Also feel free to ask any questions pertaining to this Page Don’t forget to like us on Facebook