AUC/UNDP Fellowship Program 2023| United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) open 2023 registration portal for 25 young African women to join the second cohort of the African Young Women Leaders (AfYWL) Fellowship Program. How to apply forAfrican Young Women Leaders. The AfYWL Fellowship Program offers an interesting assignment with UNDP at its HQ in New York or in one of its regional or country offices. Apply Here.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
YOU MAY LIKE:
- Africa Matters Ambassadors Program (Become Your Community’s Next Change Maker) 2023
- Ubuntu United Nations (Igniting Youth Action For Unity In Diversity Program)/ Apply Now
- JASIRI Talent Investor Program (Aspiring Rwandan, Kenyan) Apply Now
- Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme Electronic System (HKPFSES)2023/ Apply Now
- European Emerging Bands Contest (@EYE2023 Get Up To €1,000 Prize) How To Apply
For the second cohort, UNDP will work with the AUC and AU member states to enhance women’s leadership and representation in public and private institutions through targeted leadership training and capacity development to promote the participation of young women in decision-making roles.
The 12-month fellowship rests on three pillars:
- Equipping outstanding young African women leaders with the leadership skills and experience required to advance the SDGs and Agenda 2063 and contribute effectively to decision-making in public, private and multilateral institutions at home and abroad.
- Creating a diverse pool of talent to enhance UNDP’s organizational efficiency and contribute to more responsive and effective policies and programs.
- Developing a network of African young women professionals that engages in promoting innovative, sustainable and inclusive development through South-South development exchange.
- The program will cover expenses related to travel and medical insurance, and each fellow will receive a monthly stipend to cover accommodation and living costs at their respective duty station.
- An earmarked learning budget will be also allocated for undertaking relevant learning and development activities.
Applicants should note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, physical travel will be dependent on the recommended guidelines of each recruiting office.
- Open to female candidates only.
- National of an African Union member state. Priority will be given to nationals of AU member states that did not benefit from the first cohort of the Fellowship Program.
- Aged below 34 years at the date of application.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Political Science, Business Administration, International Relations/Development, Law, Communications, Digitalization or other related development field.
- Maximum one year (post master) of relevant and paid working experience in research, analysis and program/project development, implementation and management.
- Available in late 2021/early 2022 to participate in an induction workshop in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Available in 2021/22 to dedicate 12 months to a fellowship assignment.
- Willing to live and work outside their country of residence.
- Understanding of, and interest in, poverty eradication, sustainable structural transformation, the SDGs and Agenda 2063.
- Capacity to gather comprehensive information on complex problems or situations, and ability to evaluate and analyze information accurately in order to identify key issues and solutions.
How To Apply:
We invite you to apply to the UNDP African Young Women Leaders (AfYWL) Fellowship Programme – a partnership between the African Union Commission (AUC) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).