West African Research Center Travel Grant 2023 | The portal for the WARC Travel Grant 2023 are now open, The WARC Travel Grant promotes intra-African cooperation and exchange among researchers and institutions by providing support to African scholars and graduate students for research visits to other institutions and regions on the continent.
- The WARC Travel Grant provides travel costs up to $1,500 and a stipend of $1,500.
- This competition is open only to West African nationals, with priority given to those affiliated with West African colleges, universities, or research institutions
- Application Deadline: March 19, 2023
WARA is a non-profit membership organization dedicated to the promotion of research on West Africa and the diaspora, scholarly exchange, the dissemination of accurate information on West Africa and its diasporic communities, and increasing awareness of the critical place of West Africa in the global community.
- Nigeria International Breweries /Graduate Management Trainee Program 2023
- Burke Climate and Health Fellowship Award (Up to $75,000)
- How to Apply Foodtech Innovation Awards 2023 (Fully Funded)
WARA’s mission is to foster the production and dissemination of current research on West Africa and the diaspora; to promote scholarly exchange among West African scholars and institutions and their counterparts in the US and beyond; to provide US audiences with accurate information on events and developments in West Africa; and to increase awareness of the critical place of West Africa in the global community.
WARC provides scholars with a rich array of resources and supportive services including a research and film library, digitization lab, seminar rooms, computer and wireless Internet access, an on-site cafe, and a program of conferences, seminars, lectures, and other scholarly and artistic events. WARC facilities are available for conferences, workshops and other meetings. Its new conference room is fully equipped with a state-of-the-art video-conferencing system.
Travel grant funds may be used to:
- attend and present papers at academic conferences held on the continent of Africa
- visit libraries or archives located in Africa with resources necessary to the applicant’s academic work
- engage in collaborative work with colleagues at another African institution
- travel to a research site in Africa
- Abstract (50-80 words) of proposed activity with a clear statement of purpose
- Project/Research description (6 double-spaced pages maximum) including why travel is necessary (must be in language understandable to non-specialist readers)
- Proposed budget
- Curriculum vitae (with research and teaching record)
- Photocopy of the applicant’s passport (must be a West African national)
- All applications must be submitted online in PDF documents
- All applicants must have a recommendation letter.
- If attending a conference:
– an abstract of the paper to be read
– letter of acceptance to the conference
- If visiting another institution:
– invitation from host institution
- If travel is to consult archives or other materials:
– a description of the collections to be consulted and their significance to the applicant’s research
- If you are a graduate student:
– letter of recommendation from professor overseeing your research
How To Apply
This grant is currently OPEN for applications. The application deadline is March 19, 2023. Click Here to apply