International Essay Contest for Young People 2023| The Goi Peace Foundation has open portal for Teachers, youth directors, school/organization and Children to apply for International Essay Contest 2023, how to apply,
- This program is an activity within the framework of UNESCO’s Education for Sustainable Development:
- Application Deadline: June 15, 2023 (23:59 your local time).
Organized by: The Goi Peace Foundation
Under the auspices of
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan Japanese National Commission for UNESCO, Japan Private High School Federation Tokyo Metropolitan Board of Education, Japan Broadcasting Corporation, Nikkei Inc
Supported by: SEIKO GROUP CORPORATION, PLUS CORPORATION
The Declaration for All Life on Earth is the guiding vision of the Goi Peace Foundation. It describes their common responsibility as members of a global community, and sets forth universal principles to realize a sustainable and peaceful world in the 21st century. Our aim is to share the vision of the declaration and to encourage all people to apply its values and principles in their individual lives and in their specialized fields of activity.
International Essay Contest for Young People by Goi Peace Foundation 2023:
Theme: “Youth Creating a Peaceful Future”
(i) What does a peaceful world look like to you?
(ii) How can young people work together, using creative ideas and approaches to realize a peaceful future?
Please share your specific ideas.
The following awards will be given in the Children’s category and Youth category respectively:
- 1st Prize: Certificate, prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$740 as of Feb. 2023) and gift … 1 entrant
- 2nd Prize: Certificate, prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$370 as of Feb. 2023) and gift … 3 entrants
- 3rd Prize: Certificate and gift … 5 entrants
- Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift … 25 entrants
- 1st to 3rd prize winners will be invited to the Winners Gathering to be held online.
- Additional awards (Best School Award, School Incentive Award) will be given if applicable.
- All prize winners will be announced on October 31, 2023 (Japan time) on this website. Certificates and gifts will be mailed to the winners in December 2023.
How To Apply
- Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2023) in one of the following age categories: a) Children (ages up to 14) b) Youth (ages 15 – 25)
- Essays must be 700 words or less in English or French, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese. Essays must be typed, with your name and essay title included at the top of the first page.
- Essays must be submitted in either MS Word (DOC/DOCX) or PDF format.
- Teachers and youth directors may submit a collection of essays from their class or group by creating an ‘account for school/organization entrant’ on the online registration page.
- Essays must be original and unpublished. Plagiarized entries will be rejected.
- Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
- By submitting your essay, you give permission to the organizer to publish it in any medium. Ownership of the essay remains with the entrant.
The Goi Peace Foundation International Essay Contest for Young People Entries must be submitted online
Leave a Reply