Portal Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) 2023 | The Portal Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) has call for Proposals, tag: This Is Cool Challenge, If What is your proposed technology or policy initiative to accelerate access to affordable and sustainable cooling, then apply for This Is Cool Challenge 2022. Requirement and how to apply. Read through.
Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) is an international organization that works in partnership with the United Nations and leaders in government, the private sector, financial institutions, civil society and philanthropies to drive faster action towards the achievement of Sustainable Development Goal 7 (SDG7).
This Is Cool Challenge: A call for proposals:
What is it?
The analysis for 2022 shows that across 54 high-impact countries identified in previous Chilling Prospects reports, 1.2 billion people among the rural and urban poor are at high risk due to a lack of access to cooling. A further 2.47 billion lower-middle-income people pose a different kind of risk: they will soon be able to purchase the most affordable air conditioner or refrigerator, but price sensitivity and limited purchasing options mean they favour devices that are likely to be inefficient, threatening energy systems and resulting in increased GHG emissions. Delivering on cooling needs with sustainable, affordable solutions will be key to achieving many Sustainable Development Goals.
- Portal Association of Commonwealth Universities (HR in HE Community Challenge Grant £10,000)
- Portal For Lorne Fraser Scholarship for Mental Health Promotion 2023 ( $1000 and $2000) How to Apply
- Portal For Andrew Adeniyi Grant 2023/ How to Apply
What is your proposed technology or policy initiative to accelerate access to affordable and sustainable cooling?
What are we looking for?
We are looking for youth-led sustainable cooling solutions that can help deliver on one of more of the three cooling needs:
- Human comfort and safety: passive or active personal, space or urban cooling
- Food, nutrition and agriculture: agricultural cold chain
- Health services: vaccine and medical cold chain
Initiatives may be in ideation or implementation stage and should demonstrate potential for impact in terms of improving affordability and increasing access to sustainable cooling through one or more of the following:
- passive and nature-based cooling solutions
- renewable-based cooling solutions
- energy-efficient cooling solutions
What do you win?
- Prize: USD 3,000, USD 2,000, USD 1,000 from the Sustainable Cooling for All to support the implementation of the idea
- Visibility: Spotlight feature from SEforALL (and partners) as well as exhibition opportunities (e.g., SEforALL Forum)
- Incubation support: Coming soon
How do we assess your ideas?
All the submissions would be assessed based on the following criteria. More details to follow.
- Goal Alignment
- Functionality and Relevance
- Outcome and Impact
- Scalability and Implementation
How to Apply
- Entries may be submitted by individuals or groups of up to 5 individuals,all under 35 years of age.
- Three teams will be shortlisted to present live at COP 27(TBD), where the winner will be announced.
- Three teams will receive a cash prize and further support from the competition sponsors.
For more details: Visit SEforALL