NAMIP Sustainability Challenge | Are you an existing independent media company, a non-profit or a new venture that is just kicking off? If yes, Apply for NAMIP’s Sustainability Challenge for Nigerian Media, Winners will be awarded up to $50,000 for their project and join NAMIP’s innovation and capacity building program that extends up till 2024.
About NAMIP Sustainability Challenge
- Explore opportunities to reach and connect with broader audiences through digital platforms and technologies; and
- Develop new revenue generation opportunities or sustainable business models.
The Sustainability Challenge is seeking applications from media organisations focused on resolving or enhancing their “organizational sustainability” by building innovative news and information products that explore opportunities to reach and connect with broader audiences through digital platforms and technologies and develop new revenue generation opportunities or sustainable business models.
Products Focus areas:
- Digital native products: Do you employ new and innovative approaches to collecting news and information, and to reporting, storytelling and distribution, that embrace the possibilities of technology?
- Reaching rural communities: Are you developing or have developed innovative approaches to reach and empower people outside of major urban areas, and those generally under-served by existing news media?
- Technology innovation for distribution: Are you developing or have developed new media technology that distributes local news in a cost-effective and sustainable way?
- New Revenue opportunities: Do you explore innovative solutions to revenue challenges that media companies face – how can we open up new revenue streams to make media organisations more sustainable and independent?
- ransition to digital: Are you finding and implementing solutions, products or processes that assist legacy media to transform their businesses?
Benefit for NAMIP Sustainability Challenge :
- Successful applicants will benefit from up to $50,000 for their project and have access to a range of capacity building activities, including targeted and bespoke training, one-on-one coaching, as well as joining NAMIP’s supportive community of like-minded organisations.
- How to Get Followers to Make ($5000 per Month )in Your FaceBook Reels
- National Human Capital Development Taskforce (NAHDET) Loan (Up to N1,000,000) 2023
Eligibility for NAMIP Sustainability Challenge :
- Must be an existing independent media company, a non-profit or a new venture that is just kicking off.
- Must be a mission-driven companies and organisations passionate about trying new approaches to local news and information.
- Applicants who don’t have traditional journalism and media backgrounds, particularly from the areas of technology, design and business.
- .Applicants with independent radio (both community and commercial radio) and TV platforms who are developing unique strategies to reach their audiences
- Any participants who applied in the first call but were not successful are still eligible to apply again.
What type of organizations are invited to apply?
- Online publications, unconventional and innovative information products, also broadcast organizations like radio stations and other sub regional (outside Abuja and Lagos) organizations are encouraged to apply.
- There will be a virtual Q&A session to help provide further clarity on the call and program. To participate in that session, REGISTER HERE. Pending that call, please read the FAQs below.
How to Apply for NAMIP Sustainability Challenge
Interested applicant or organizations who meet the above eligibility Click here and apply