How to Apply World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2024 | The World Bank Group Africa are now open portal for Fellowship Program 2024, to enroll Ph.D. candidates and recent Ph.D. graduates who are Sub-Saharan Africa nationals. The program is to build the capacity of the next generation of African change-makers in development research and policymaking and assist poverty reduction in the region.
The program targets young talented African nationals who are completing or have recently completed their Ph.D. in an area relevant to the World Bank’s work. The fellowship program has been very successful since its inception, building a strong pipeline of young African talent interested in a career in development, in international institutions, African governments, think tanks, and academia.
- Canon Collins Trust Scholarship 2023/2024 (Masters and Doctoral at South African universities)
- IGAD Media Awards 2023 (Fully Funded)
- Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme 2023/2024
The program offers selected fellows a six-month assignment at WBG offices in Washington D.C. or in country offices to gain hands-on experience in WBG operations. This includes knowledge generation and dissemination, design of global and country policies, and the building of institutions to achieve inclusive growth in developing countries. While benefitting from research and innovation in multiple sectors, fellows will also work on research, economic policy, technical assistance, and lending operations that contribute to the World Bank’s goals of eliminating poverty and increasing shared prosperity.
- spend six months getting hands-on experience at the WBG headquarters in Washington D.C. or a country office
- Successful candidate would work on research, economic policy, technical assistance, and lending operations that contribute to the WBG’s goals of eliminating poverty and increasing shared prosperity.
- The fellowship requires in-person availability for the period January-June 2024.
- you must be a Ph.D. candidate or recent graduate (within three years of Ph.D. completion) from Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Be a recent Ph.D. graduate (within three years of completion) or be enrolled in the last year of the Ph.D. program.
- Have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Be under the age of 32 by the closing of the application period.
Phase I: A short-list of candidates will be made available for hire to the different units of the WBG depending on the applicants’ specialization. Applicants will be notified about the status of their application or whether they have been shortlisted or not.
The final list of fellows will be selected in consultation with the various units of the WBG. When the selection is complete, all shortlisted candidates will be informed of their selection status.
Selected candidates will then be notified and, upon acceptance, be hired as short-term consultants for six months starting January 2024.
How to Apply World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2023
Interested candidate who meet the eligibility are to click here
Application Deadline: August 25, 2023