How to Apply UNIDO Global Call 2023 | The How to Apply UNIDO Global Call 2023 will address the impacts of climate change that could jeopardize global energy security and even threaten the supply of renewable energy. Therefore, the United Nations Industrial Development Organization’s “Industrial Development Report 2022” proposes the need to foster a green transition, scale investments in energy switching and circular economy, and facilitate global access to green technologies.
The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) Global Call was launched in 2020 for the first time by the UNIDO Investment and Technology Promotion Office (ITPO) in Rome, Italy. Since its inception, the torch has been passed to ITPO Bonn in 2021, and Shanghai in 2022. Over the 3 years, more than 2,000 participants from 108 countries took part in the initiative.
The Global Call 2023, initiated by UNIDO ITPO Beijing, together with the Division of ITPOs and Institutional Partnerships and other related divisions in UNIDO, is set to gather innovative solutions in clean and smart energy that contribute to Inclusive and Sustainable Industrial Development.
- Join roadshows and present in front of leading industry experts
- Matchmaking with investment institutions, industrial parks and local governments
- Get targeted coaching, global matchmaking and networking support
- Access to UNIDO and UN technology platforms and networks
- Showcase at global high-level events including the China International Import Expo in November in Shanghai and other exhibitions highlighting green hydrogen and sustainable energy solutions
- Nigeria Oil & Gas Graduates Training /Recruitment 2023
- UNFPA Global Internship programme 2023 (America/New_York)
- Agriculture, forestry and fishing
- Mining and quarrying
- Electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply
- Water supply; sewerage, waste management and remediation activities
- Wholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles
- Transportation and storage
- Accommodation and food service activities
- Information and communication
- Financial and insurance activities
- Real estate activities
- Professional, scientific and technical activities
- Administrative and support service activities
- Public administration and defence; compulsory social security
- Human health and social work activities
- Activities of households as employers; undifferentiated goods- and services-producing activities of households for own use
- Other service activities
- Activities of extraterritorial organizations and bodies
- Green hydrogen production (including “super green” hydrogen production)
- Green hydrogen in manufacturing
- Green hydrogen in transportation
- Green hydrogen storage and integration into energy networks
The call for proposals targets private sector entities to submit proposals for each category according to the following sub-categories:
- Technological solutions in the early stage: These are technologies that are at an advanced stage of research and development and ready for implementation, with verified data from testing.
- Technological solutions in the growth stage: These solutions have already been piloted with verified data at a replicable scale and have demonstrated proof of concept (POC).
- Mature technological solutions: These are established technologies on the market that are aiming to expand to new markets.
- Innovative content, competitive advantage and technology maturity of the proposal
- Contribution to international climate change mitigation and adaptation efforts and environmental sustainability
- Proven applicability, scalability and possibility of expansion to different geographical and socio-economic contexts, especially in Developing and Emerging Countries
- Economic and social long-term sustainability
- Expected occupational return (job creation especially for women and youth, as well as income generation potential)
How to Apply UNIDO Global Call 2023:
Candidates may submit up to two applications, and any extra proposals will be excluded based on the order in which they are received. The application link for Global Call 2023 is now open, please click here
Application Deadline: 4 August 2023