How to Apply Romanian Scholarship 2024| The Authority of the Romania has open the annual scholarship programme for foreign citizens 2024, Each year, the Romanian Government, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, provides a number of scholarships to citizens from non-EU countries, The scholarship applicant can choose from any of the following three study cycles in accredited higher education institutions in Romania: Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree and PhD.
In Romania, the academic year usually begins on October 1. Universities establish their own calendar, in accordance with the principle of university autonomy. Host universities may also decide on specific measures regarding the teaching and learning process, in accordance with the public health guidelines. Romanian authorities may impose additional public health requirements
The scholarship obtained, including the preparatory year where applicable, consists of:
- Financing tuition fees;
- Financing the accommodation expenses in the dormitories, through the budget of the Ministry of Education, within the limit of the subsidy allocated for this purpose (accommodation will be provided to the extent of available places, scholarship holders having the obligation to contact the host university to find out the accommodation conditions)
- Granting a monthly financial aid, as follows: the equivalent in ”lei” (the Romanian currency) of the amount of 65 EURO, for undergraduate and the preparatory year students; the equivalent in ”lei” (the Romanian currency) of the amount of 75 EURO, for master students, the equivalent in ”lei” (the Romanian currency) of the amount of 85 EURO, for PhD students.
The scholarship applicant can choose from any of the following three study cycles in accredited higher education institutions in Romania:
- Bachelor’s degree: bachelor’s degree programmes are addressed to graduates of high school studies or pre-university studies at the end of which they obtained a baccalaureate degree or equivalent, as well as candidates applying for further university studies in Romania. The complete programme runs for a period of 3-6 years, depending on the specialization followed and ends with a bachelor’s exam
- Master’s degree: master’s degree programmes are addressed to undergraduates, run for a period of 1 year, 1.5 years or 2 years and end with the dissertation exam;
- PhD: doctoral programmes are addressed to graduate students or equivalent and run for a period of 3-5 years, depending on the profile of the chosen faculty and end with the presentation of a PhD thesis. In order to be admitted to doctoral studies and to obtain the scholarship, it is compulsory that, prior to submitting the application, the candidate should get the written agreement of the Doctoral Tutor, which must be a member of the doctoral school, and also that he/she passes the admission interview.
Foreign citizens from all non-EU countries, with the following exceptions:
- citizens of Romanian origin or who are part of the Romanian historical communities in the proximity of Romania (entitled to different scholarship programmes);
- citizens who have requested or acquired a form of protection in Romania;
- stateless persons whose stay on the territory of Romania is officially recognized according to the law;
- members of the diplomatic and consular corps or family members of the diplomatic and consular corps accredited to Romania;
- members of the administrative and technical staff of diplomatic missions and consular offices accredited to Romania;
- staff members of international organizations based in Romania or family members of staff of international organizations based in Romania;
- beneficiaries of a scholarship from the Romanian state for the same cycle of study.
The scholarship applicant must:
- Birth certificate and passport
- Submit a complete file;
- present study documents issued by accredited/recognized education institutions in the country where they were issued;
- comply with the enrolment deadline;
- have good results in education, respectively an average of the study years, for the last graduated school of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case;
- comply with the application submission methodology.
How to Apply Romanian Government Scholarship 2024
The scholarship application can be sent ONLY through the Study in Romania platform.
Candidates can access the platform at https://studyinromania.gov.ro, via the Apply for MFA scholarships button, or directly at https://scholarships.studyinromania.gov.ro. The platform can be accessed both in English and French.
Applications Deadlines: 16 March 2024.
For more Information: Visit Romanian Government Scholarship 2024