How to Apply Paediatric Anaesthesia Training in Africa 2023| The Paediatric Anaesthesia Training in Africa (PATA), Abuja, is offering two 12-month Paediatric Anaesthesia Fellowship, The programme, Fellows will work at the Department of Anaesthesia at National Hospital Abuja. Teaching will be provided by local faculty and visiting specialists.
- Successful applicants must confirm their intention to take up the scholarship within 3 days of notification
- Failure to do so will result in the scholarship being offered to the next applicant.
- Application Deadline: 15th of May 2023
The World Federation of Societies of Anaesthesiologists (WFSA) is a unique, global network of National Societies that brings together qualified practitioners of this specialised area of medicine.
As an essential element of any safe and pain free surgical intervention anaesthesiology is a major contributor to positive health outcomes. The WFSA works to make safe anaesthesia universally accessible and to improve patient care around the world.
PATA is locally led and supported by the WFSA, the Nigerian Society of Anaesthetists, and experienced partners from the global surgery and anaesthesia space including Smile Train and the Vanderbilt University Medical Centre.
- MTN Media Innovation Nigerian Youth Programme 2023
- Portal Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship 2023
- UK Commonwealth Scholarship
- The successful applicants will receive funding to cover tuition, accommodation and subsistence living expenses.
- Preference will be given to young and upcoming anaesthesiologists.
- Fellows will work at the Department of Anaesthesia at National Hospital Abuja
- Must be registered and practicing medical practitioners in their country of origin.
- Must have a keen interest in paediatric anaesthesia and teaching.
- Must have completed residency training in Anaesthesia.
- Must be supported in their application by their own national anaesthesiology society which must be a member society of the WFSA.
- Must be supported in their application by their head of department or hospital management.
- Must be returning to their home country to a recognised post.
- Should ideally be working in a teaching hospital.
Requirement to upload:
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s national anaesthesiology society
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s head of department or hospital management
- Copy of medical degree
- Copy of specialist anaesthesiology qualification
- Certificate of registration with the Medical board or council of the participant’s country
- Current practicing licence from the Medical board or council of the participant’s country
- Copy of photograph page of passport
How to Apply Paediatric Anaesthesia Training in Africa:
Applicant are to login to the Portal and Select Chapter ‘Fellowships’ and Category ‘PATA Abuja Fellowship 2023’.
NOTE: Eligible candidates will be required to partake in an interview. Successful applicants will be informed by the 1st of June 2023 via email.
Application Deadline: 15th of May 2023
For more information: Visit WFSA