How To Apply JICA And NITDA Clean Tech Startup Event 2023| The Office for Nigerian Digital Innovation (ONDI) partnering with the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) to recruit youth in Nigeria for a one-week networking in Clean Tech Startup Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA Nigeria). If you’re a Nigeria youth, Don’t miss this opportunity. Read through.
The Office for Nigerian Digital Innovation (ONDI) is a special purpose vehicle (SPV) of NITDA created to streamline the coordination and support of activities on policy implementation, enforcement of regulatory guidelines and interventions targeted at the development and growth of the Nigerian technology ecosystem for greater impact on job creation and economic growth.
Clean Tech Startup Event 2023 application form is ongoing follow the directive below for successful registration.
- Selected startups will have the opportunity to participate in networking events
- Participant will have opportunity of one on one meetings with Japanese corporates and investors’ to enhance the prospects of funding and growth.
- Selected startups will also have the chance to interact with other African startups who will be visiting Japan.
- Minimum of 1 years of existence
- The founder, or a cofounder must attend this program (only one person from one company, who is in healthy mental and physical condition)
- Led by a dedicated FULLTIME founding team
- For profit, post-product, post-revenue, tech enabled business solution with minimum of 6 months sustained revenue
- With an office and operations based in Nigeria
- The founder, or a cofounder, must be of Nigerian citizenship
- Related to CLEAN TECH (any startup that helps in the green industry – agriculture, mobility, healthcare, waste management, etc. – including reducing climate change-related impacts as part of business activities)
How To Apply JICA And NITDA Clean Tech Startup Event 2023 (Nigerian)
Interested person who meet the requirement should Apply Here
Application Deadline: 31st October 2023
- How To Register Skill Up Nigeria Renew Hope 5 Million Youths 2024
- How to Apply Baker Hughes University Placements and Internships 2024
- How to Apply for Nigeria Vulnerable Pensioners Grant 2023 (Get up to N25K)
- How to Apply Azman Rice Mill & Farms Limited Recruitment 2023
The Office for Nigerian Digital Innovation (ONDI) Focus Area:
- STRATEGIC HUMAN CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT:
ONDI will partner with academia and industry through various programmes and initiatives to identify skills gaps in the Nigerian technology and innovation space and provide policy support to bridge such gaps in order to transform Nigerian youths into a digitally skilled and competitive workforce.
2. CATALYSING FUNDING AND ECOSYSTEM SUPPORT:
ONDI will, through various initiatives seek to improve access to funding for the digital innovation ecosystem. The office will facilitate the provision of more funding for start-up incubation, hubs upskilling and seeding. The office will also provide support towards setting up various funding mechanisms for start-ups in collaboration with the private sector, development finance institutions (DFIs) and other state and non-state donors.
3. RESEARCH AND INSIGHT:
ONDI will conduct periodic research and data analysis on the ecosystem to enable informed policy direction, planning and effective interventions. Such research and data analysis will provide information and insight for policy decision and monitoring mechanisms. It will also provide insights into the development of new programmes and initiatives.
4. MONITORING AND COMPLIANCE:
ONDI will monitor activities within the ecosystem to ensure compliance with the dictates of the National Digital Innovation and Entrepreneurship Policy (NDIEP), the Guidelines for Nigerian Content Development in ICT and other relevant legislation. By employing varying monitoring mechanisms and ensuring compliance, local enterprises will be adequately protected and incentivized to make their products and services up to globally accepted standards.
To further strengthen the technology innovation ecosystem, the ONDI will promote active partnerships and collaboration with relevant stakeholders in the Nigerian technology innovation ecosystem and facilitate networking between local and international players in the technology innovation ecosystem.
6. IMPLEMENTATION OF INNOVATION POLICIES AND GUIDELINES:
ONDI will introduce and participate in activities targeted towards strengthening the technology and innovation ecosystem in Nigeria. It will also ensure efficient coordination and support of such activities to catalyse the growth of the ecosystem through policy implementation, research and development, facilitation of funding and promotion of indigenous solutions.<br /> Through several initiatives, including those in the technology innovation and entrepreneurship support (TIES), ONDI will increase the number of innovation-driven entrepreneurs and enhance the capacity of technology and innovation hubs around the country.