How to Apply Jewish Helping Hands Grant program 2023 | The Jewish Helping Hands has open portal for its Tikkun Olam Grant program 2023, Goal is to help vulnerable populations in the United States and abroad through a variety of programs focused on economic development and social empowerment, with a particular focus on those demographics that have been overlooked and/or marginalized. Read through
Jewish Helping Hands launched its Tikkun Olam Grant program in 2012 to advance our goal of inspiring and supporting tzedakah, justice and righteousness, throughout the world.
In cooperation with local communities, JHH supports programs that are sustainable and scalable through financial and hands-on support. Our objective is to promote organizations and projects that will make a tangible and lasting difference in the lives of the populations they serve. With each of our grants, JHH also intends to share its experience and expertise, so as to help further our joint mission.
- Portal Ian Parry Scholarship 2023 ($3,500)/ See How to Apply
- Portal for Propublica Emerging Reporters 2023 ( Journalists)
- Portal BeGirlWorld Global Scholarship 2023 (Up to $2,000) Study Abroad
- Tikkun Olam Grants are awarded annually. A typical grant award may be up to $5,000.
- Grant recipients may reapply to have their grants renewed one time. Organizations can apply for additional grants for new projects.
- JHH values programs and projects that aim to bring about positive change for groups of all backgrounds and religious affiliations.
- JHH will consider making grants to individuals or organizations that show clear promise to achieve one or both of the following:
- Respond to unmet needs of those who are poor and/or marginalized
- Promote self-help and empowerment within communities
- JHH does NOT make grants to capital, building, or political campaigns, fellowships, or programs administered by for-profit entities. Additionally, JHH grants CANNOT be used to subsidize administrative salaries or expenses, as they require 100% of all grants to be used for the intended program.
In the 2022/2023 Grant Cycle, they are focusing primarily on projects that provide the basic necessities for a decent life:
- Women’s Empowerment
- Internet Connectivity
- Gender Equity
They are also focusing especially on projects in these areas:
- East Africa
- Central America
- North America
- Any Impoverished Jewish Communities
How To Apply:
- Step One: (to be completed by September 19, 2022)
- Submit the initial inquiry form
- Grant Inquiry Form
- Step Two: (to be completed by December 5, 2022)
- Selected organizations will be notified by November 7, 2022. If your organization is selected, you will be invited to submit a Full Application.
Visit Tikkun Olam Grant.
Application deadline: September 19, 2023