ASRI Future Leader Graduate Training Programme 2023| Are you a Students with undergraduate degree or diploma or equivalent qualifications certificate? If yes, ASRI Future Leader Graduate Training Programme 2023 is for you. check the application requirement and the benefit for successful candidate below. Read through.
ASRI Future Leader Graduate Training Programme 2023 Structure:
- The fellowship programme is 4-months and fellows are required to be in attendance Monday to Thursday from 8:00am – 3:00pm, at our offices in Parktown, Johannesburg, from the end of January to the end of May
- Upon completion of the 4-month programme, there is an optional 3-month work experience placement (externship) at an organisation in-line with your aspirations and interests, with a further option of a 3-month externship extension for exceptional individuals
- Core Tenets: The mission of the programme is the building of a social justice mind-set, with a particular focus on bettering the socio-economic conditions of people in South Africa. Emphasis is also placed on integrity, respect and tolerance.
- 10 Critical Factors to Pass Your Job Interview (If you are Applicants)
- 2023 UNIDO Kpabep Scholarship for Women Engineers in Nigeria
- QECS: Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (Study Master’s degree) 2023
About ASRI Future Leader Graduate Training Programme 2023
The ASRI Future Leaders programme is just a programme but is an intensive, full-time, graduate training programme, that develops young university graduates for careers in the Civil Society and Government sectors, and therefore recruits individuals who are socially and politically active in their communities. The program seeks to recruit young people who aspire, in different spheres, to create change in South Africa. In developing these young people, we enhance their social and human capital in a way that not only accelerates their personal growth, but which also translates into increased opportunities in the future.
This is the sixth iteration of the programme, with the inaugural programme being held in 2016.
- Graduates of the 2024 ASRI Future Leaders Fellowship Program, like those who were selected for previous programmes, will go on to become influential and prominent leaders in government and civil society, occupying a variety of positions in non-profit organisations; interest groups; policy institutes; media organisations; the public service and so forth.
- The investment made during the programme is approximately R90 000 per graduate (for the full programme including the externship) – which includes the cost of materials, stipends, programme and operational costs.
- The programme will accept 20 individuals for 2024, and each person will receive a monthly stipend of R3 500 + a data simcard with approximately 20GB to 30GB of data per month while on the programme. There is no financial cost to the participants for being on the programme. This is not a job or employment opportunity. Being a training programme, the stipend is a monthly allowance meant to cover the costs of travel to and from the training venue and monthly subsistence.
Themes Covered Are As Follows:
- The Constitution, Governance, Law and Social Justice
- Public Policy
- Understanding Government
- NGOs and Civil Society
- Political Philosophy
- Economics and Development
- Ethics and Values
Practical Skills Developed:
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Project, Financial and Organisational Management
- Microsoft Suite
- Community & Leadership Experience: Individuals should be active in their community, have some form of leadership experience and show potential for being a change agent in South Africa in the future.
- Academic: Students must have at least an undergraduate degree or diploma (or equivalent qualifications), with additional qualifications being an advantage.
- Attendance Requirement: To be eligible for the programme, you must be able to be in attendance (at our premises) from Monday-Thursday from 8:00am-3:00pm, from end of January-June.
- Age limit: 30 years of age.
- Citizenship: South African citizenship or permission to reside in South Africa (with the long-term view of staying in the country).
- Location: 14 Barkly Road, Parktown, Johannesburg, Gauteng.
- Alumni Requirements: Upon completion of the programme, participants are expected to remain active within the Alumni Network of ASRI. ASRI will provide mentorship and support to our fellows throughout their careers.
How to Apply ASRI Future Leader Graduate Training Programme
Interested candidates who meet the Eligibility and the Requirements of the ASRI Future Leader Graduate Training Programme 2023 should submit the application online on or before Saturday, the 25th of November 2023 at midnight.
Interviews will be held from Monday 4 December to Thursday 14 December 2023 and the Fellowship programme will commence on Monday 29 January 2024. If you are asked to attend the interviews, you will be required to bring a copy of your ID, matric marks and university transcripts along with you as proof of your qualifications.
Application Deadline: 25th of November 2023.