ECOWAS Recruitment – Interregional Coordination Centre (ICC)
Application are open for ECOWAS at Interregional Coordination Centre(ICC). Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional intergovernmental association formed by the fifteen Nations. The vacancy was created to provide career opportunity to candidates who are wishes and capable to work at ECOWAS Interregional Coordinator centre (ICC).
- Executive Director -D1
Have a Master’s degree in Social Sciences, including Political Science, Law, International Relations, Peace and Security Studies, Criminology, Development Studies. A higher degree in a relevant field can replace two (02) years of professional experience.
• To be a citizen of ECOWAS Region;
• To be a civilian;
• Have professional experience of at least 20 years, including 10 years at increasingly higher levels of responsibility in an Institution dealing with civil or military maritime issues;
• Have proven experience in an International Organization;
• Have a good knowledge of security issues in the maritime area of West and Central Africa;
• Having participated in the Yaoundé Process would be an advantage;
• Good knowledge of the Yaoundé Maritime Safety Architecture;
• Good knowledge of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS);
• Have a very good knowledge of the skills and policies of the various stakeholders in the maritime sector;
• Have expertise in preparing and formulating strategies to combat crime at sea;
• Strong ability to maintain professional networks and develop partnerships;
• Have a good command of the analysis, interpretation and sharing of strategic communication;
• Have a good command of the coordination of the works; Have a good mastery of personnel management;
• Demonstrate proven leadership, integrity and moral probity;
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
• Be able to make frequent trips.
Read more Click Here
Computer skills: Have a good knowledge of computer tools Word, Excel, PowerPoint/internet.
Languages: Must be fluent in English and French. Working knowledge of another language would be an advantage
How To Apply
- Download the application form by clicking on the link in parentheses (JOB APPLICATION FORM) and fill it out correctly;
- Attach a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a motivation letter;
- Send all the above-mentioned documents to the related e-mail addresses.
COMPOSITION OF THE CANDIDATURE FILE
Ø CV ;
Ø Letter of motivation addressed to the Chairman of the Heads of Institution of ECOWAS, ECCAS and GGC (President of the ECOWAS Commission);
Ø certified a copy of the diplomas;
Ø Medical Certificate less than three (03) months old, issued by a Doctor;
Ø criminal record of less than three (03) months;
Ø certificate of nationality.
The complete file must be sent to the following address: ExecDirIntRegCoord@ecowas.int
Only selected candidates will be invited / Female applications are particularly encouraged.
Deadline: 05 July, 2019
Leave a Reply