Constituency Office Recruitment of Interns 2022 are now open, Yiaga Africa’s Centre for Legislative Engagement with the support of the European union under its European Union Support for Democratic Governance in Nigeria (EU-SDGN) is seeking to recruit interns for selected Constituency Offices in the 36 States and the FCT. How to apply, Read through
Yiaga Africa is a non-profit civic hub of change makers committed to the promotion of democratic governance, human rights and civic engagement.
With its operational base in Abuja, Nigeria, Yiaga Africa focuses on in-depth research, providing critical analysis on key democratic and governance issues, crafting practical solutions, training and empowering citizens to lead change in their community.
Successful applicants will be deployed to the selected Constituency Offices for three (3) months to provide support to respective constituency offices.
The Internship period if designed to build the capacity of young Nigerians through direct understudy of the running of Constituency offices, legislature-constituent relations and legislative engagement. Young men and women interested in contributing to democratic development and enhancing their knowledge on the legislature and legislators-constituents’ relations are encouraged to apply.
Benefit: Selected interns will be provided with remuneration commensurate with the work.
Selected interns will:
- Serve as research assistants in respective constituency offices
- Provide support in the coordinating and managing the selected constituency office
- Monitor and evaluate engagements in the constituency offices
- Participate in respective legislator constituency office activities
- Work closely with the legislative aide(s)
- Must be between 18- 35 years
- A minimum of tertiary education (graduated or still studying)
- Adequate knowledge of Microsoft suites
- Good writing and oral skills
- Must reside in the listed constituency
- NITDA Recruitment And Youth Empowerment 2022
- BUA Cement Recruitment 2022
- Kaduna Datathon Hackathon For Young Innovators 2022
- ARMTI Youth Empowerment, Tuition Free Training in Agribusiness & Employment
List of Constituencies
Interested applicants are expected to reside in the following constituencies as listed below
|Etinan/Nsit Ibom/Nsit Ubium
|Awka North/Awka South
|Aniocha / Oshimili
|Federal Capital Territory (FCT)-Abuja
|Ilorin East/Ilorin South
|Ife Central/Ife East/Ife North/Ife South
How to apply:
Interested applicants who meet the stated requirements should send their curriculum vitae and a Statement of interest ( 200 words maximum) on why you consider yourself a suitable candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org
For More information: Visit Yiaga Africa
Deadline: 17th of January 2022. Young women and PWDs are highly encouraged to apply.