2023 NCC Annual ICT Innovation Competition | Are you a Startups, Tech Hubs, Investors and the ICT ecosystem? If yes apply for the third edition of the NCC Annual Innovation Competition 2023. Please see more on the event schedule below.
- Consolation prizes will be given to the competitors. Accommodation will be provided for the competitors for four (4) nights.
- The ICT Innovation Competition will be a medium for showcasing talents and innovations in ICT ecosystem
- The programme aimed at motivating and encouraging Nigerian youths to engage in innovative developments for the telecoms industry and improve the nation’s ability to compete in the global economy.
- The ICT Innovation Competition will open from the 9th – 15th January 2023. Entering the competition is free.
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), in keeping with its strategic intent as encapsulated in the National Digital Economy Policy and Strategy (NDEPS 2020-2030) pillar 8 “Indigenous Content Development and Adoption” is committed to promoting innovation for the sustainability and continuous development of the Nigerian Communications Industry.
The Annual Innovation Competition theme “Utilizing Indigenous Digital Solution to Bridge the Digital Divide.”
Prize NCC Annual ICT Innovation Competition:
The Tech hub and Startups with the best three Innovative prototypes will be awarded cash Prizes;
- 1st winner will be awarded cash Prizes of N2 million
- 2nd winner will be awarded cash Prizes of N1.5 million
- 3rd winner will be awarded cash Prizes of N1 million
The Competition is designed to promote indigenous solutions to bridge the digital divide. The objective is to assemble Tech Hubs and Techpreneurs with solutions in respect of the theme to showcase their innovations and solutions.
Eligibility for NCC Annual ICT Innovation Competition:
Prospective Technology Hubs and Startups entering the competition are required to submit proposals that meet the following criteria for consideration:
- The project should be relevant to the ICT/Telecommunication industry.
- Interested parties should be duly registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria (CAC).
- Proof of concept (feasibility of idea with diagram, algorithm, etc.).
- Novelty of the project.
- The pitch idea should demonstrate clear commercial sustainability and profitability framework.
- Team diversity and indigenous capacity to develop and support the solution.
How To Apply for NCC Annual ICT Innovation Competition
All applications should be ONLINE.
There is no cost to enter the competition and you will retain full control and ownership of your technologies.
Each team will register and submit the following documentations:
- 4-Page Executive Summary of the project concept
- A 5-7 minutes video of the pilot project
- Names, contact details, passport photographs and profiles of all team members.
Key 2023 Dates
|9th-15th Jan 2023||Applications open online|
|23rd Jan 2023||Shortlisted Tech Hubs bs and Startups announced|
|6th Feb 2023||Shortlisted Tech Hubs and Startups arrive DBI, Oshodi, Lagos Campus for a 2-day pitch|
|7th-8th Feb 2023||A 2-day pitch/ exhibition and grading of contestants by Panel of Judges at Digital Bridge Institute in Lagos|
|9th Feb 2023||Award of prizes/ Closing ceremony|
- Those shortlisted will be announced on the 23rd January, 2023.
- Shortlisted applicants are required to be available at the Digital Bridge Institute (DBI), Oshodi, Lagos campus on the 6th February, 2023 to exhibit and showcase their solutions.
Apply Here https://ncc.gov.ng/ictinnovation2023
For more information Visit: NCC Annual ICT Innovation Competition
Application deadline: 15th January 2023