United Nation PGA’s Fellowship Programme 2023 | The authority of the United Nation has open portal for President of the General Assembly Fellowship Programme 2023, The programme aims to promote youth engagement in multilateralism and support the next generation of diplomats. The programme is fully funded to New York, U.S.A Government.
The Fellowship will partner with United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) to impart training on the United Nations, its organs and subsidiary bodies. The trainings will also cover topics such as sustainable development, climate change, peace and conflict resolution and human rights as well as skills development in negotiation, drafting and public diplomacy.
Read more Opportunities
The Fellowship will bring to New York a small group of young diplomats and civil servants from developing countries, particularly from Least Developed Countries (LDCs), Landlocked Developing Countries (LLDCs) and Small Island Developing States (SIDS), while also ensuring geographical representation and gender balance.
Fellows will be attached on a rotational basis with the teams of the Office of the President of the General Assembly (OPGA) – Peace and Security; Human Rights and Humanitarian; Sustainable Development; Reform, Legal and Budget; and Communication and Media.
Fellows will receive:
- A roundtrip economy airfare ticket from their home country to New York City
- A laptop and cell phone for use during the Fellowship
- A monthly stipend
- Furnished room
- Health Insurance
- Securing a US visa for the Fellow
- Accreditation of the Fellow to their Permanent Mission in New York and thereafter secondment to the
Office of the President of the General Assembly
- Between the ages of 25 and 32
- Hold a university degree
- Demonstrate fluency in verbal and written English
- Have a maximum of three years of experience working in national government
How to Apply
To nominate a candidate, please send the following materials to Mr. Shojiro Nishimura, Senior Adviser at the
OPGA at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com, mentioning “Application for PGA Fellowship” in
1. Note Verbale from the Permanent Mission nominating the candidate for the Fellowship;
2. Candidate’s cover letter expressing intent to join the Fellowship (up to 300 words); and
3. Candidate’s CV
NOTE: An independent three-member selection board, composed ofa representative from a Member State, the United
Nations system and a Civil Society Organization,will review the applications,interview short-listed candidates
and select the Fellows. Gender balance and regional representation will be considered in the selection of the
- Last day for submitting applications : 28October 2022
- Successful candidates to be notified : late-November 2022
- Acceptance to be conveyed : 5 December 2022
- Fellowship commencement date : 16 January 2023