How to Apply a Second Cohort United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) 2023| The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is launching a second cohort of its 2-year Graduate Programme and is looking for candidates to join the 2023 Graduate Programme Pool. The Programme serves to equip outstanding young graduates with the skills and experience required to kick-start a career in international development, accelerate progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals, build better futures and make a positive difference in the world. How to apply, continue reading.
The Graduate Programme offers a unique opportunity to contribute to UNDP’s mandate. It is a 2-year assignment with one of our country, regional, or headquarter offices. Assignments are in areas related to the Sustainable Development Goals with a focus on two streams:
- Programme and Policy: In this stream you will contribute to UNDP’s programmes and project activities.
- Corporate Operations: In this stream you will contribute to management services that support effective implementation of UNDP programmes, or work in the area of organisational policies, processes, and oversight.
- Successful applicants will be included in the Graduate Programme Pool and offered an assignment with a UNDP office in any of our 170 locations around the world.
- They offer participants a customised Formation journey. This learning path provides an opportunity to enhance your knowledge, stretch your capabilities and give you real-world experience alongside some of the brightest minds in the development world.
- The Graduate Programme offers talented graduates excellent exposure to multilateral cooperation and sustainable development, while providing a valuable entry point into UNDP and the wider UN system.
- A one-year international professional entry-level contract (renewable for a second year on demonstrating good performance and on availability of funding).
- A competitive entry-level salary.
- Ticket for travel between your location and your duty station.
- Paid annual leave.
- Paid sick leave.
- Health and disability insurance.
- Pension contributions.
Candidates who are available to join UNDP from first quarter of 2023 onwards and who meet the following requirements:
- A completed Master’s degree in a relevant field (with not more than 2 years of work experience) or
- A completed Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (with a minimum of 2 years and not more than 3 years of relevant, paid work experience)
- To be eligible for the Programme and Policy stream: You must be graduated in one or more of the following areas: political science, public administration, international relations, development studies, economics, statistics, data management, environmental science or a related field
- To be eligible for the Corporate Operations stream: You must be graduated in one or more of the following areas: business or public administration, finance, law, procurement or supply chain management, human resources management, economics, data management, or a related field.
They are looking for engaged young individuals whose values match those of UNDP:
- Mutual Respect
- Results Orientation (through Principled Performance)
- You will have some experience in one or more of the following areas: UNDP programme areas (poverty and inequality, governance, resilience, environment, energy, gender equality), business operations, project management, partnerships, innovation, digitalization, or data analysis and management.
- You will preferably have worked to make an impact at community, provincial or national level (including in civil society, government, NGOs, IGOs or individually).
You must be a national of one of the countries where UNDP works to support the Sustainable Development Goals. Nationals from the countries listed below are particularly encouraged to apply:
Angola, Antigua & Barbuda, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Central African Republic , Chad, Comoros, Congo, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Iran, Kiribati, Kosovo, Libya, Marshall Islands, Morocco, Nauru, Nicaragua, Niue, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Rep. of Montenegro, Saint Lucia, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Serbia, Seychelles, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Suriname, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uruguay, Vanuatu.
- You must be able to demonstrate that you are fluent in English and able to work effectively in a professional context.
- For some positions, a working knowledge of French, Arabic or Spanish may be a strong asset.
How to apply:
If you are interested in joining the UNDP Graduate Programme and you meet the above personal, educational, and professional requirements, we look forward to receiving your application. Please click on the button below.
NOTE: Please note that the application and selection process will be conducted in English. You are required to complete your full application in English unless stated otherwise.
For details Visit: UNDP Graduate Programme
Application Deadline; 12 October 2022(Midnight GMT)