Agribusiness Innovation Challenge 2023 | Agribusiness Innovation Challenge is to help develop businesses leveraging technology, provide technical assistance training to women and youth-led start-ups to strengthen their capacity, improve their access to financial services, and develop business concepts leveraging innovation to improve supply chain efficiency. How to apply.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN), a Swiss-based foundation, launched at the United Nations in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with governments, businesses and civil society, GAIN, which aims to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious foods for all people, especially the most vulnerable, the Agribusiness Innovation Challenge is an approach to support the holistic development of Nigeria’s Agricultural sector.
Agribusiness Innovation Challenge Improving Agriculture supply chain efficiency in Nigeria.
- The Agribusiness Innovation Challenge program is designed to support Agriculture based startups with innovations improving the supply chain in Oyo state.
1) Zero Equity Cash Prizes:
- Top 4 finalists will have access to cash prizes. Prizes will be valued at up to N2,000,000 equity/debt-free.
2) Agribusiness Advisory:
- Program participants will have access to a pool of mentors, subject matter and agribusiness experts
3) Global Network:
- Access to global business network
4) Deal Day
- Program participants would have the opportunity to present their innovations in front of potential investors.
5) Specialized Technical Assistance and Access to Dedicated Workspace
- 15 Selected startups will undergo 2-months of intensive and specialized technical assistance and business development training by experts and key stakeholders.
1. “Participants of the Agribusiness Innovation Challenge events stand a chance to win sponsored cash and technical assistance prizes. Judges have the sole responsibility of and discretion in selecting winners and the judges’ decisions are final. The value of these prizes is at the organizers’ sole discretion.
2. Prize winners must use cash or technical assistance prizes for business or research purposes related to agritech innovation.
3. Participants who are awarded a prize shall be obliged to sign a grant agreement with GAIN detailing how they intend to use the prize funds, including a disbursement schedule. The judges and/or organizers shall have the right to withdraw any cash prize from a participant who fails or refuses to comply with the obligation in this clause.
4. Prize recipients will be expected to share periodic reports detailing how the funds are being used, as agreed with the organizers.
5. To the fullest extent permitted by law the organizers will not be liable for the cancellation/postponement/change of sponsored prizes”.
- The program is solely for Agribusinesses startups with supply chain innovations in Oyo state.
How To Apply:
Interested Candidate Click Here and Apply
Application Deadline: October 3, 2022 Timeline: October 2022 to January 2023