Students Safety Tips and What you Need To Know
This article contains the safety tips for students on how to carry out learning and become future leaders for the development of the nation. read more
The term ” Students” means anyone who is attending a secondary or tertiary educational institution for the purpose of learning. Those attending primary schools are called ” Pupils”. The defining difference between primary schools and other types of schools is that teachers take full control of pupils as surrogate parents when the pupils are in school.
Teachers in primary schools are responsible for teaching their pupils all subjects while in secondary and tertiary institutions teachers handle specific subjects. The term “students” also covers people in vocational or trade schools learning specialized skills to perform particular types of jobs like plumbing, welding, auto mechanic, painting, tiling, fashion designing, etc.
STUDENTS (PUPILS) SCHOOL IN NIGERIA
- Command Secondary School (Military School) –Register Now
- Nigeria Airforce Secondary School – Register Now
- Nigeria Navy Secondary School – Register Now
- National Common Entrance – Register Now
CATEGORIES OF STUDENTS
Students in Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education are known as undergraduates: on graduation, they receive first degrees or diplomas. Students who continue their education after first degree are known as graduate students, they are also called postgraduate students. Graduate or postgraduate students earn Master’s or Doctorate degrees or professional qualifications. Examples of graduate students include those in law or medical schools, The word “student” also covers mid-career adults who return to university or college of education for certificate or degree course.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES IN NIGERIA
Related: NYSC Accredited Institution –Click Here
Federal University Click Here
State University Click Here
SAFETY TIPS FOR STUDENTS
- BE ALERT: Students should always be alert to the environment and immediately report suspicious persons, things or situations. Being alerts to your environment means knowing the layout of things and the profile of the usual school community. It means also knowing when anything or anybody is unusual or out place
- STUDY: Students should be consistency in their study, reading the textbook and even manual thoroughly.
- LISTEN: It is important for students to listen during lecture and also to accept advice and instructions of lecturers, parents, administrators and security officers.
- WALKING AT NIGHT: Avoid walking alone at night to the library, study hideout, tutorial meetings, visit friends or social events.
- STUDENTS UNIONISM: Don’t allow yourself to be used as arrowhead for a violent student union election, or for issues that trigger quarrels, fights and violence in school.
- RIDES: Avoid accepting rides from strangers especially if you are a female student.
- DRUGS AND ALCOHOL: Say no to drugs and alcohol. some of the consequences of drugs and alcohol include lack of coordination, fatigue, paranoia, aggression, violence, etc. When you take alcohol or drugs you lose your senses. It is in your best interest, therefore, to avoid impairing your judgement with alcohol or illegal drugs.
- PROTECT YOUR DRINKS AND FOODS: Always keep an eye on your drinks and food at parties and social events, Never leave your food or drinks unattended to at social events.
- FAMILIARITY DOES NOT GUARANTEE SAFETY: As a matter of fact, many cases of sexual assault, harassment or rape have been known to occur between individuals who know each other prior to the event. Female students are therefore advised not to take familiarity for granted in matters of safety precautions related to sexual assault and rape.
- SAY NO TO CAMPUS CULTISM: Campus cults have become the most potent cause of insecurity in schools especially in tertiary institutions. Their procedures often involve secret rituals like swearing by some deity, human blood and other occultic procedures. Initiation rituals frequently involve procedures which could be considered grotesque, deviant, out rightly criminal and unorthodox.
- CRIMINAL GANGS: Cults on campus operate as criminal gangs. They are involved in planning and executing crimes in and around campus including armed robbery, murder, rape and arson.
- SAY NO TO EXAMINATION MALPRACTICE: Examination malpractice is any act of omission or commission which compromises the validity, reliability and integrity of any examination.
If you need our update or current information concerning Students safety tips, kindly provide us with your phone number and Email Address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any question pertaining to this guide.
Leave a Reply