State Championship Competition at the University of Maryland was organised by the REACT one of the top non-profit organization working to bring exposure, education, & applied practice in robotics, engineering, and coding to the children of Allegany County.
The teams were selected from among hundreds of Allegany County public and private school students in grades four through eight that competed in the 2023 Robotics and Engineering in Allegany County.
The selected 550 folks were at the event, which included 24 teams and was held in the Allegany College of Maryland gymnasium.
- ONE YOUNG WORLD: Bristol Myers Squibb Scholarship 2023 For Medical Students
- ONE YOUNG WORLD: bp Net Zero Scholarship 2023 For Young Innovators
- Journalists Fellowships by Dart Center Ochberg 2023
Teams selected for REACT State Championship Competition at the University of Maryland are:
- Calvary Christian Academy Black
- West Side Elementary School Robo Oreos
- Calvary Christian Blue
- Bishop Walsh Burgundy
- Beall Elementary School Booming Bots and West Side’s Electric Turtles
Benefit for REACT State Championship Competition 2023:
- ACM provided space throughout its campus as well as equipment for the competition
- REACT will help Girl Scouts in Frostburg earn their robotics badges
- REACT plans to design a robotics competition for students in second through eighth grades in the Allegany County Public Schools after-school program
- They also sponsor the 4-H robotics challenge
- The Winning team for that event typically begin to practice in the spring, and will compete during the Allegany County Fair & AG Expo in July
They will be sharing research projects and solutions they have designed around the theme of energy and, in the robot rounds, will attempt to accomplish scored missions using LEGO robots they have designed, built and coded
The robot rounds are open to the public and the entire event is free. Additionally, five Explore teams (grades 1-3) will be presenting their final projects, also on the theme of energy. Please join us for a fun day of robotics! Exact times will be made available closer to the event.
For information Visit: To learn more, visit ReactAllegany.org.