Portal for UNIDO Global Cleantech Innovation 2022 | The portal for UNIDO Global Cleantech Innovation programme 2022 is open, It is funded by the Global Environment Facility (GEF), promoting cleantech innovation and entrepreneurship to address the most pressing climate and environmental challenges. Apply here
The Global Cleantech Innovation Programme (GCIP) is a United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)-led programme.
Climate change is a global challenge requiring urgent action. At the same time, the demand for resources and energy continues to increase, especially in emerging markets and developing economies. The limited deployment of cleantech innovations can restrict a country’s ability to fulfill its low-carbon development potential. Adopting innovative clean technologies is critical for climate action without compromising economic and industrial development.
- Portal BluEarth Renewables Scholarship 2022 (U.S. & Canada
- How to Apply for Future Talent Programme 2022
- Portal Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2023
- Portal David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship 2022
While cleantech Innovators have limitless potential for new ideas, they often find it difficult to bring their solutions to market. Cleantech Innovators and Startups often face serious barriers to commercializing ideas and scaling up their startups. Lack of technical support, limited access to funding, weak cleantech ecosystem, weak policy regulatory environment, and institutional barriers among others have kept most innovators in the “Valley of death”.
Joining the GCIP accelerator gives you the opportunity to be part of an emerging cleantech community in Nigeria that includes key players such as the government, business institutions and investors, innovation experts and tech enthusiasts. Make an impact through your innovation and get access to a wide network of industry experts and leaders.
- Access to high-impact capacity building sessions delivered by innovative business and cleantech leaders.
- Linkage with mentors and industry experts for targeted advisory support along the journey.
- Access to capital through relationship with strategic investors, VC firms, and other financing institutions .
- Opportunity to actively contribute to the national and global cleantech innovation ecosystem.
- Amplify your impact through National and Global events and showcases.
- Opportunity to scale your innovative cleantech solution in Nigeria and beyond through strategic linkages.
- Connection with large scale cleantech companies across the globe for possible collaborations.
Available Categories of startups You can apply:
We are looking for early-stage startups that have the following;
- An already developed innovative technology-based product (prototype or an existing solution in the market)
- A solution that falls under any of the following cleantech categories with particular attention to solutions that improve energy access in underserved regions:
- Energy Efficiency
- Renewable Energy
- Waste Beneficiation
- Green Buildings
- Advanced Materials and Chemicals
- A well-rounded and committed team with complementary skills.
- Ecosystem Builders are also Invited
How to Apply:
The application is open to all Nigerian based cleantech startups and innovators. Visit: Global Cleantech Innovation Programme and apply here: (Under “country”, select Nigeria)
Application Deadline for Startups: July 21st, 2022