Opportunities for Female Entrepreneurs 2023 | Are you looking for funding for your business? or you want to get access to finance being a female entrepreneurs, If yes, AWIEF AWARDS is the answer and you are in the right place. focus attention and read through.
The AWIEF Awards is the prestigious programme which recognise, honour and celebrate women entrepreneurs and business owners in Africa and across various industry sectors for their achievements and contribution to the continent’s inclusive economic growth and social development.
AWIEF (the Africa Women Innovation & Entrepreneurship Forum ) is an award-winning pan-African women economic empowerment organisation that works to close the gender gaps by driving women’s business leadership and entrepreneurship in Africa.
AWIEF Awards Nominees portal are now open for 2023 edition:
Nominees for the AWIEF Awards should be emerging and established female entrepreneurs in the private business and not-for-profit sectors who have demonstrated outstanding vision, leadership and inspiration in spite of challenges to make a significant social impact and/or become successful in their businesses in line with AWIEF’s core areas of innovation, technology, entrepreneurship, leadership, and socio-economic development.
- LEARN from high-profile speakers, industry giants and decision-makers
- CONNECT and NETWORK with key sector players and professionals across Africa and beyond
- SHOWCASE your business to a highly engaged global audience; interact and gain valuable customers
- The winners will be announced at a glittering awards ceremony and gala dinner on 10 November 2023 in Kigali, Rwanda, hosted by AWIEF and AWIEF Awards 2023 Headline Sponsor Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The AWIEF Awards covers 8 categories with the following criteria:
6) Energy Entrepreneur Award
Nominees should be female entrepreneurs in the oil & gas and/or green energy & renewable energy sectors who are operating successful businesses with impact on energy access and/or availability in their communities and countries.
- Entrepreneurs, SMEs, and startups from across Africa and its diaspora
- Government representatives
- International and development/donor organisations
- UN Agencies
- Development Finance Institutions (DFIs) and Finance Institutions (FIs)
- Business service providers
- Enterprise development agencies/organisations
- Civil Society Organisations (CSOs)
- Persons interested in Africa & International Development
How to Apply
1 Interested Nominees should visit AWIEF portal
2 Register an entrant profile by clicking “SUBMIT AN ENTRY” in the top righthand corner of the page.
3 Fill in the nomination form and submit. Click Here
Application Deadline: 31 July 2023