Obama Foundation Scholars 2023/2024| The Obama Foundation Scholars Program is accepting applications for the 2023-2024 program, The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University seeks rising leaders from the United States and around the world. Requirement and eligibility, Read through.
Columbia World Projects mobilizes the university’s researchers and scholars to work with governments, organizations, businesses and communities to tackle global challenges.
Since 2018, the Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University has welcomed:
- 46 rising leaders from 36 countries who have demonstrated a commitment to finding solutions to challenges in their communities, countries, and regions
- Scholars who were, on average, 33 years of age, with ages ranging from 25 to 45
- Emerging institutional and movement leaders addressing a range of challenges, including strengthening governance, increasing access to high-quality healthcare, environmental sustainability, and promoting women’s rights and ending gender-based violence
Scholarship: Fully Funded
- Monthly stipend to assist with living expenses in New York City
- A furnished studio apartment within walking distance of Columbia University, if the program is able to convene in person
- All tuition and fees for up to four courses at Columbia University
- Basic medical, dental and life insurance for the duration of the program in New York City, if the program is able to convene in person
- Air travel to and from home country and any program-related activities, if the program is able to convene in person
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University seeks rising leaders from the United States and around the world who meet the following criteria:
- Are emerging leaders who have made meaningful contributions to their field and are now at a “breakthrough moment” in their careers.
- Have a proven commitment to service and leadership within a community, region or country, coupled with a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities following their completion of the program and apply their enhanced training, skills, and connections on a long-term basis for the benefit of these communities.
- Are fluent in English (verbal, written and spoken).
- Have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of their community.
- Have a demonstrated commitment to inclusivity, community-orientation, hope, courage, imagination, strategy, accountability, integrity and resilience.
A complete application, submitted entirely online, includes the following materials:
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- Personal video statement
- Responses to short essay questions
- Proof of English proficiency
- Two letters of recommendation
How To Apply