Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship 2024, The scholarship was previously known as the MUSTE scholarship. Eligible awardees are supported for their undergraduate and graduate study for the duration of their program and includes tuition and maintenance allowances, Interested candidate follow the directive below to apply.
Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship invest in the Nigerian youths’ unlimited and untapped potential as the key to socio-economic growth to enhance the standard of living of the society and increase efficiency.
What Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship Program Offers
The Jim Ovia Scholarship Program offers an average of 100 opportunities each year for new applicants while renewing applicants are supported annually, conditional on meeting all eligible requirements of the scholarship.
Since October 2010, Mr. Ovia has invested over 100 Million Naira in the program to support 1500 beneficiaries and counting. In establishing the Jim Ovia Scholarship, Mr. Ovia hoped to create a network of future leaders within Nigeria who can compete globally with their peers, bring new ideas, creativity and are committed to improving the lives and circumstances of people in their respective communities. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of personal intellectual ability, leadership capability and a desire to use their knowledge to contribute to society throughout Nigeria by providing service to their community and applying their talent and knowledge to improve the lives of others. Over time it is expected that the Jim Ovia Scholarship beneficiaries will become leaders in helping to address challenges related to health, technology, and finance, all areas in which the foundation is deeply engaged
Read more scholarship
Benefit of Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship Program Offers
- Beneficiaries of the Jim Ovia scholarship receive an annual award of N150,000
- The award includes tuition and maintenance allowance
- Eligible awardees are supported for their undergraduate and graduate study for the duration of their program.
Who can Apply for Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship Program
- The scholarship is open to all potential students of Nigerian citizenship
- One hundred (100) awardees are selected each year from a pool of eligible applicants
- Scholarships are awarded on the basis of personal intellectual ability, leadership capability and a desire to contribute to society at large to improve the lives of others.
Document Required for Jim Ovia Scholarship Program
Completed online application
Valid Government ID (e.g. International passport, Voter’s Card, National ID or Driver’s License)
Please note that a certificate of origin or birth certificate will not be accepted as a valid form of ID. The only exception will be for minors below the age of 18 years who are unable to apply for a government ID. In which case, a birth certificate will be accepted in lieu of a government ID for such minors.
3. An official original letter (not photocopied) letter from your school/Head of Department stating the following:
- Your full name
- Course Title
- Department of Study
- Matriculation number
1. Newly matriculated who have not yet received a matriculation number or school ID must provide a provisional admission letter to their institution of study.
2. Original Secondary School Certificate (WAEC or NECO)
3. Original JAMB result certificate
4. A valid student ID for your host institution (University/College)
5. A passport photograph