Jhpiego: HIVST Community Mobilizer Recruitment 2022 portal is open, Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families. Read Through.
Job Title: HIVST Community Mobilizer
Locations: Abuja (FCT), Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Lagos
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 6 months (Initial contract of 3 months with possibility of renewal)
Slots: Abuja (6), Akwa Ibom (6), Rivers (6) and Lagos (10)
- Nasarawa State Teacher’s Recruitment Interview Commencement Date 2022
- UNESCO Silk Roads Youth Research Grant 2022 (Get Up To $10,000)
- JAIZ Bank Plc/SMEDAN Matching Fund Programme 2022 (Up To N500,000 And Above)
- Youth In Agrifood Export Development Program (YAEDP) 2022
- The HIVST community mobilizer is responsible for the day-to-day community-based distribution of vouchers targeting key and vulnerable populations at risk of HIV.
- S/he will work closely with and serve as primary liaison with participating community Pharmacists and Patent medicine vendors.
- S/he will work closely with the community and form the link between the targeted beneficiaries and the participating PMVs/CPs and referral health facilities.
- Conduct routine mapping / re-mapping of hot spots and size estimation where targeted populations are found
- Ensure community distribution of vouchers targeting high risk hotspots and key populations in exchange for HIVST kits
- Facilitate beneficiaries’ redemption of vouchers in exchange for HIVST kits at the closest patent medicine vendors (PMVs) and community pharmacists (CPs) within STAR Nigeria network
- Ensure provision of adequate information to HIVST beneficiaries including detailed addresses of participating pharmacy retail outlets, commodity cost, contact details among others
- Follow up with potential beneficiaries to facilitate CP / PMV visit, voucher redemption, HIV self-testing, confirmation and linkage to care as necessary, and ensure complete documentation
- Support and link potential beneficiaries requesting HIVST kits from social media and other online platforms to appropriate PMVs / CPs
- Support and facilitate coordination of logistics of oral and blood based HIVST, distribution to participating PMVs and CPs and issuance to beneficiaries
- Facilitate counselling, referrals and linkages to confirmatory HTS and treatment for reactive clients and prevention services (PrEP) for non-reactive clients in both assisted and unassisted approach.
- Ensure that all daily, weekly and monthly distribution and HIVST voucher redemption reports are generated and submitted to the TMA supervisor
- Maintain a record of all voucher distribution and client details (descriptive addresses, phone numbers, voucher ID) and document accordingly.
- Distribute HIV self-testing demand creation materials e.g., pamphlets, handbills, posters to increase awareness and promote community access
- Provide mentorship to participating CPs and PMVs on HIVST best practices, documentation and reporting.
- Monitor HIVST stock levels and track orders from participating CPs and PMVs.
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
Required Qualifications / Experience
- CHO, CHEW, JCHEW, Nursing, Diploma in Social Work or any other equivalent discipline
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in HIV Counselling and Testing, supporting referral and linkages and community mobilization/ engagement
- Experience in demand creation activities is an added advantage
- Having a working android phone is compulsory
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Must be resident in the state and LGA applying for.
- CV and Cover Letter should be sent as one Word document
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title (e.g “HIVST Community Mobilizer, Akwa Ibom”) as the subject of the mail.