How to Apply the World Bank Legal Internship Program 2024| Are you a highly-motivated law students from any university around the world? This is an opportunity for you to be exposed to the mission and work of the World Bank and that of the Legal Vice Presidency. apply the World Bank Legal Internship Program 2024. Read through.
The World Bank Legal Internship Program allows individuals to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas, and latest research experiences into the World Bank’s daily operations and improve their legal skills while working in a multicultural environment.
The objective of the program is to provide you first-hand experiences of the day-to-day operations of the World Bank by closely collaborating with staff in the Legal Vice Presidency. As part of our team, working directly with outstanding and inspiring development professionals and senior management, you will get the chance to contribute to the legal services offered by the Legal Vice Presidency as well as participate in high-profile events and conferences organized during the term of your internship.
World Bank Legal Internship Program
The World Bank Legal Internship Program is offered thrice a year for a period of maximum three months at World Bank Headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in certain selected country offices for currently enrolled law school students.
Interns will likely be involved in a plethora of tasks, as they arise during the term of the Internship Program, such as:
- Conducting a variety of legal assignments under the direction of the supervising lawyer(s).
- Conducting research on assigned issues, using existing law files and alternative sources (e.g., computer-assisted searches using the internet, intranet and/or other databases), analyzing information, and summarizing findings
- Conducting comparative legal analyses on a range of issues in a given area, identifying legal and policy issues, researching relevant precedents, and proposing appropriate solutions.
- Participating in task/project teams with the supervising lawyer(s).
- Assisting in the preparation and organization of conferences and meetings.
- Performing ad hoc assignments as requested by the supervising lawyer(s).
Categories of Internship Program:
- Summer Internship Program
- Fall Internship Program
- Spring Internship Program
- Apply Archipelagos Program For Graduates and Young Entrepreneurs in Africa 2024
- Apply Foodtech Innovation Awards 2024
Visa: Students partaking in the World Bank Legal Internship Program must have valid student visa documents sponsored by their educational institutions. The World Bank shall only assist attainment of visa documents for participants of the World Bank Legal Internship Program in exceptional cases.
Cost: The World Bank shall not remunerate participants of the World Bank Legal Internship Program in the form of monetary fees/compensation. Each World Bank Legal Intern must however be remunerated in accordance with World Bank Group policies and standards in the form of
(i) monetary fees/compensation paid by the university or other sponsoring organization and acceptable to the Bank
(ii) academic credit equivalent to the Bank’s fee schedule.
Hence, students partaking in the World Bank Legal Internship Program must secure appropriate funding sources for the duration of their internships.
Medical Insurance: World Bank Legal Interns are responsible for their own medical insurance and any cost(s) arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during the internship period and must show proof of a valid major global medical insurance coverage.
- Must be holder of citizenship of any IBRD member state
- Student must enrolled in an LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent legal academic program while you would be undertaking your internship with us? (e.g. if you apply for the Summer Cycle of LIP, you must be enrolled in an eligible legal academic program between June and August)
- Have an excellent command of the English language
- International as well as U.S.-based students are equally encouraged.
How to Apply the World Bank Legal Internship Program 2024
Interested candidate are requested to submit the following document:
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of enrollment in a law degree (LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, PhD, or equivalent) and academic transcript(s).
- Short essay providing a response to a research question posed by the Legal Vice Presidency for the prevailing application period.
All these document must submitted the official website Click Here
Application Deadline: December 31, 2023
For more details: Visit World Bank Legal Internship Program