The South African Citizens Bursary Awards 2024 portal are now open, The bursary will cover tuition, accommodation, books, meals and monthly allowance. The bursary awards target the previously disadvantaged and impoverished persons from poverty-stricken and rural communities. Application Deadline: 31 October 2023 apply here
The Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development (DALRRD) noted that the Bursary Awards 2024, is mainly for qualify applicants pursuing and/or intending to further their studies in identified careers in the agriculture, land reform and rural development sector for the 2024 academic year.
Fields of study:
- B.Sc. Bioresource Engineering (Agricultural Engineering)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science (B.V.Sc.)
- B.Sc. Animal Science
- B.Sc. Entomology
- B.Sc. Food Science
- B.Sc. Pasture Science
- B.Sc. Plant Pathology
- B.Sc. Soil Science/ Agronomy
- B.Sc. Viticulture and Oenology
- National Diploma: Food Technology
- B.Sc. Land Surveying/Geomatics
- B.Sc. Town/Urban and Regional Planning
- B.Sc./BA Geo-Informatics/Geographic Information Science
- National Diploma/B Degree in Geomatics/Land Surveying/GIS
- National Diploma/B Degree in Town/Urban and Regional Planning
Postgraduate studies (Adv Dip/B.Tech, B.Sc. Hons in TRP/URP & GIS, M.Sc., D.Tech. and Ph.D.) in Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development
priority research projects
Minimum requirements (National Senior Certificate):
- Mathematics and Physical Science: 6 (70–79)
- Mathematics and Physical Science 5 (60-69)
- Mathematics and Physical Science 4 (50–59)
- Mathematics and Physical Science/Geography 5
- Mathematics and Physical Science: 4 (50–59)
- Applicants must be South African citizens.
- Applicants must complete the relevant bursary application forms available from the website address: www.dalrrd.gov.za (Click on vacancies).
- Applicants who apply for fields of study that are not listed above will not be considered.
- Please note that communication will be limited to successful applicants only. If you have not received any communication from the department within 14 days after the release of Grade 12 results and after the National Bursary Committee has finalised the selection process, consider your application unsuccessful.
- The Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development reserves the right to determine the total number of bursary allocations for the academic year based on the total budget available.
- No late application forms will be considered.
- Applicants who are not in possession of their University acceptance letter or Final results can submit their application while waiting for the said documents.
- All completed bursary application forms together with certified copies of ID and certificates/performance results should be sent to ONLY ONE of the following addresses:
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply
How to Apply South African Citizens Bursary Awards 2024:
Interested applicant should visit the follow address below;
Sector Education and Training
Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development
Private Bag X250
20 Steve Biko (Former Beatrix) Street
- BMW Classic Heritage Programme for Young Graduate in South African
- How to Apply Nestle Sales Graduate Trainee 2023