How to Apply Ifa CrossCulture Fellowship 2024 | The Ifa CrossCulture Fellowship 2024 portal are now open, The CCP Fellowships provide professionals and committed volunteers to work for two to three months in an intercultural environment, to network globally and acquire new skills. Read on how to apply
See more opportunity
The CrossCulture Programme (CCP) funds between 50 to 70 professionals and committed volunteers from up to 40 countries each year. During two to three months of work-related stays in host organisations in Germany or CCP partner countries, participants deepen their expertise, establish new contacts and acquire intercultural skills.
In 2023, the following key topics will also be focussed on:
- Digital civil society
- Climate justice
In turn, the host organisations benefit from the expertise, regional knowledge and networks of the CCP Fellows.
- CCP Fellowships promote civil society actors, strengthening them in their work
- Collaboration with a guest organisation from the CCP network, either on site or online
- Mentoring for the duration of the fellowship
- Online / on site professional training in the fellow’s field of work, taking their individual and professional aims into account
- Networking with other CCP Fellowship holders
- Inclusion in the CCP alumni network
- For fellowship holders focussing on one of the key topics of CCP: participation in a professional event
The ifa will cover the following costs for participants from abroad:
- a monthly stipend of 550 euros plus the coverage of costs for round-trip airfare, accommodation, monthly public transportation ticket within the fellow’s city of residence, health insurance, reimbursement of any visa fees incurred
The ifa will cover the following costs for participants from Germany:
- a monthly stipend of 550 euros plus a monthly accommodation allowance of 550 euros, reimbursement of round-trip airfare, reimbursement of any visa fees incurred, health insurance
Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Egypt, Germany, Guatemala, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Mexico, Morocco, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestinian Territory, Republic of Moldova, Russia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan.
- The applicant must be at least 23 years old at the time of the application.
- At least two years of proven professional experience or volunteer work in a civil society organisation in the country of origin.
- Good written and spoken English skills.
- The applicant is in good health for a longer stay abroad.
- The applicant has been or is socially engaged for the long term.
- The applicant can prove full-time experience in their field of work.
- A collaboration with an organisation in the target country is in progress or planned.
- The applicant possesses further language skills, particularly German.
Fellowships are principally awarded to people working in one of the following fields:
- Policy and society
- Media and culture
- Human rights and peace
- Sustainable development
How to Apply Ifa CrossCulture Fellowship 2023 (In Germany)
- Select the appropriate country call for applications on this application portal.
- Complete the application form and upload your documents. Since the application system cannot cache any input, all documents should be ready for the upload at the start of the application.
- Submit the completed application online via the application portal.
- The following application documents are required:
- Curriculum vitae in English with details about education/training, work experience, volunteering and other skills
- Letter of recommendation from a supervisor in the applicant’s home organisation/workplace in the applicant’s country of origin, using this template
- Photo is optional
NOTE: Incomplete applications, applications sent by e-mail and applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Application Deadline: 22 December 2023