How to apply for SciencesPo Emile-Boutmy Scholarship 2023 | The SciencesPo Emile-Boutmy scholarship portal are now open for students who want pursued Undergraduate and Masters programme in France. The Émile Boutmy Scholarship is awarded to top students whose profiles match the admissions priorities of Sciences Po and individual course requirements.
Sciences Po created the Émile Boutmy scholarship, named after the founder of Sciences Po (1871), in order to welcome the very best international students from outside the European Union.
- The Émile Boutmy scholarship fund benefits from the generous support of its sponsors (benefactors, companies and foundations) who are eager to allow the most deserving international students to study at Sciences Po. Private sponsors can be in direct contact with scholarship holders during official organised events.
They support the Émile Boutmy excellence scholarship : BNP Paribas, Chalhoub Group, RATP Foundation, L’Oréal, Total.
- Challenge Fund for Youth Employment (CYFE) Call for Solutions (Nigeria) 2022
- How to Apply For Recruitment in Bank of Africa 2022
- How to Apply for Yale Young African Scholars programme 2023
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must be: first time applicants, from a non-European Union state, whose household does not file taxes within the European Union, and who have been admitted to the Undergraduate or Master’s programme.
Students who are not eligible are:
- Swiss and Norwegian applicants, since they may be entitled to CROUS scholarships
- Candidates who have dual citizenship, including an EU citizenship
- Candidates from Quebec for master’s degree (since they may take advantage of sliding scale fees same as European applicants). Candidates from Quebec for a bachelor’s degree are eligible
- Master’s level dual-degree candidates. Only applicants for the following dual degrees are eligible:
- the dual degree in Journalism Sciences Po/Columbia University
- the dual degree Sciences Po/Fudan University with the concentration Europe-Asia in Global Affairs (only applicants with Chinese nationality)
- the dual degree Sciences Po/Peking University (only applicants with Chinese nationality)
- Ph.D. programme students (thesis)
- Candidates for the 1 year Master’s programmes
- Bachelor dual degree candidates (unless as part of a specific agreement)
- Exchange students
- Candidates applying via the French graduate admission procedure
Bachelor’s degree programme:
The Émile Boutmy scholarship is awarded to students arriving at Sciences Po for their first year of studies.
The Émile Boutmy programme can take several different forms:
- A tuition grant of €13,190 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme.
- A tuition grant of €8,800 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme.
- A tuition grant of €6,000 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme.
- A tuition grant of €3,600 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme.
The Émile Boutmy scholarship is awarded to students arriving at Sciences Po for their first year of study.
The Émile Boutmy programme is a tuition grant of €12,200 per year which covers part of the tuition fees for the two years of the Master’s degree programme.
How to Apply:
- Applicants from foreign secondary schools
- Applicants from foreign secondary schools must indicate that they are applying to the Émile Boutmy scholarship in the “Financial information” section of their Sciences Po application.
- Please note that we might ask applicants to provide a proof of income and documents explaining their family situation (e.g. income tax return for both parents, payslips, divorce certificate, unemployment benefits, documents related to alimony, child support or retirement pensions, death certificate…).
- Masters level candidates must indicate that they are applying to the Émile Boutmy scholarship in the “Financial information” section of their Sciences Po application.
- Deadline for undergraduate programme (applicants from foreign secondary schools): 22 February 2023.
- Deadline for undergraduate programme (applicants from French secondary schools): 10 April 2023.
- Deadline for master programme: 30 November 2022.