How to Apply African Development Bank Internship Program 2024| The African Development Bank are to Provide students with an opportunity to acquire professional and practical experience at the African Development Bank and also to provide empowerment after the program. Don’t miss the opportunity. Read through.
The Internship program is part of a wider Talent Management Framework which facilitates the Bank to deliver on the Ten-Year Strategy and the High 5s. Participants in the Program are selected on a competitive basis, based on business needs of the Bank.
The broad objectives of the program are to:
- Provide students with an opportunity to acquire professional and practical experience at the African Development Bank.
- Provide the Bank with a pool of potential candidates for future recruitment purposes.
- The Bank will use reasonable efforts to assist the concerned interns in obtaining their entry and residence visas
- Eligible Interns will benefit from a medical insurance coverage paid by the Bank during the period of their internship
- Eligible interns will be provided with a monthly stipend
- Internships shall be granted to each candidate for a period not less than three (3) months and not more than six (6) months. The internship is authorized only once for any candidate.
- Selected interns will perform their internship either remotely or on-site depending on the needs of their respective hiring units. Remote interns are expected to have access to a personal computer, reliable internet connection and a conducive living environment that facilitates smooth and uninterrupted remote working.
- On-site interns shall be responsible for their air travel (in case of) to and from the Bank’s location as well as their upkeep.
- Selected candidates will be deployed in various Departments at Headquarters (Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire), Bank’s Regional and Country Offices. However, selected interns will perform their internship either remotely or on-site depending on the needs of their respective hiring units.
The specific disciplines and specialist professional areas are aligned to the Bank’s Ten-Year Strategy (TYS) and the gender strategy. In addition to the fields that are in the job families of the Bank, focus will be on the following areas:
- Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth
- Agriculture, Human & Social Development
- Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization
- Economics, Statistics
- Governance and Knowledge Management
- Human Resources and Corporate Services: IT, Language Services, General Services & Procurement, HR Management
- Audit, Anti-Corruption
- Communication & External Relations
- Public Relations
- Environmental and Social Assessment
To be eligible for internship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must have attained the age of majority in their country of nationality or origin and be not more than Thirty (30) years old at the time of commencement of the internship program.
- Be currently enrolled in a master’s level degree program in a recognized public or private educational institution of higher learning.
- The candidate can apply for an internship within one (1) year of having obtained such a degree.
- Be nationals of the member Countries of the African Development Bank.
- Provide a letter from their school confirming their enrollment or a copy of the above-mentioned Degree. Applicants must be fluent in at least one of the Banks’s two working languages (English or French).
- Be able to use the Bank’s standard software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access); knowledge of SAP is desirable.
The Fields of Study Required for the Internship:
- The fields of study from which interns are selected must be within the job families of the Bank, particularly Economics, Agriculture, Private Sector Development, Human Capital Development (Education and Health), Environment, Finance, Infrastructure Development, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Communications, Law, Internal Audit, Budget, Governance or any other field of study that the Bank may deem relevant to its operations.
- Special consideration shall be given to students who are working on projects that have a direct bearing on the mission of the Bank.
- How to Apply Fed Govt 3 Million Technical Talent (3MTT) Training Program 2023
- How to Apply Nigeria Artificial Intelligence Research Scheme
- How To Register Skill Up Nigeria Renew Hope 5 Million Youths 2024
How to Apply African Development Bank Internship Program 2024
Application are in two categories
1- Regular Staff
If you are currently working at the African Development Bank as a regular staff, click on the button below to apply for this position Click Here
2- External Candidate
If you are not currently working at the African Development Bank, or if you are a Short Term Staff (STS), a Technical Assistant or a Consultant at the Bank, click on the button below to apply for the position. Click Here
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries
Note: Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online complete application and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Application Deadline: 26-Oct-2023
- Session 1 of the 2024 Internship Program will commence in January 2024
- The announcement for session 2 will be made in April 2024 and session 2 will commence in July 2024.
For more Information. Visit African Development Bank