FCFMT Courses | This article contain the full courses, details of admission and the nature of screening of candidates into FCFMT School. It was founded in 1969 to focus on practical training on Agricultural, Fisheries and Maritime Subsectors of the Nigerian economy. Read more
The Federal College of Fisheries and Marine Technology (FCFMT) was approve by National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) own and funded by federal government of Nigeria.
Do you want enroll in FCFMT School? If yes, this page is for you. below are the courses offered.
National Diploma (ND) Courses
- Marine Engineering Technology: Students in this field will equipped theoretical knowledge and practical skill to students in areas such as Engineering Planning, Practice, Management, Operations, Trouble-shooting, Repairs and Maintenance of Marine Engineering Systems and Equipment suitable for technicians
- Nautical Science: Students in this field will equipped theoretical and practical knowledge required for seamanship, chart work, collision prevention, navigation, bridge equipment & watch keeping, cargo handling & stowage, ship stability, naval architecture (elementary), meteorology, marine signaling, ship maintenance and operation.
- Industrial and Labour Relations: in this field students will be train on labour administration, acquisition of skills to manage trade unions, labour unionism in Nigeria, provision of requisite safety and healthy work environments in organizations, basic principles of negotiation and collective bargaining and how to manage or resolve disputes and conflicts in the workplace
- Fisheries Technology: The programme seeks to produce entrepreneurs with the necessary formal and highly technical skills necessary to establish agricultural concerns which are not usually capital intensive and can enjoy the full support of the government as it pushes it’s agricultural agenda
Higher National Diploma Courses:
- Maritime Transport and Business Management : Students will be able to Communicate fluently in English and write good technical reports on maritime transport and business management and also Carry out management and administrative duties in ports and shipping operations with minimum supervision
- Fisheries Technology: Students in this area will covers various aspects of Aquaculture, Mariculture, Pond construction, Fisheries Management, Feed Formulation, Sustainable Livelihood and Development, Fish Post-Harvest Technology and Storage, Fish Product Development, Fish Marketing and Advertisement, Ornamental Fisheries, Environmental/Waste management, Aquaponics and Re-circulatory technology amongst others
If you need our update or current information concerning FCFMT School, kindly provide us with your phone number and Email Address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any question pertaining to this guide.
Leave a Reply